• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Central Fire Station Hq

denise..dont worry about it...sometimes i forget to put the pics and the message on...:D:D:D

what great pics....they are a nice piece of history...if ever they turned the fire station into a museum dedicated to the emergency services those pics would look great on the wall...

thank you for posting them.....

lyn:)

No computers but still very efficient, I thought I had more but I am not organised with my photos, if I find any more I will put them on, that is if I remember to :D:D

Hi Denise thanks for your photo's. Have e.mailed my cousin who is a bit in the know still regards the fire service. Awaiting a reply regards th Central Fire Station. Jean.

Denise, I would imagine even more efficient without the computer's. Once they go down in any situation the whole place comes to a stand still. It never did in those day's.

My cousin Ann has just e.mailed me and her husband Jim said there are a lot of rumours flying around abut the station but as the clock tower is listed any re-developement has to include this. If he hears anything concrete he will let us know. Jean.

thanks jean...please keep us informed...the more irons we have in the fire....(excuse the pun:d) the better..

Lyn.

Jim thanks for that will get signing when me ironings finished. Mind you I have got till 2010 but better late than never. Jean.

i wonder who saw my post number 7 then...:D and then every one after that saying what a good idea it would be to turn the fire station into a museum....

please i urge you all to look at virusmans pics of the inside of the station and sign the petition... this maybe our only chance of saving it...thanks jim for pointing it out to us...

lyn...:):):)

great dave...i dont know who started this petition but whoever it was a big thank you from me....

lyn...:):):)

thanks dave i was to busy signing it to notice...:rolleyes::rolleyes: its most important that everyone one this forum who wants to help save a piece of our heritage signs the petition...its not very often the common man (or woman) gets the chance to make our voices heard and stop the unnecessary distruction of such buidings..

lyn:):):)

I've signed it.

Now we need to send the link to other places and forums.
I'm sure they would appreciate it on the Birmingham suburbs site, anyone a member.

im not froth...but i am considering printing it off and taking it round the neighbourhood...and maybe leaving a petition at a few of the local shops....

lyn:):)

curson street station would also make a good museum as mentioned . a bit of competition for think tank,keep voting and giving ideal locations for a free artifacts museum.
BIRMINGHAM CITY COUNCIL. Listen to the views of us golgen oldies.:D

Is there not some way we can make the Petition to Downing Street indicated by Postie at post 69 more prominent on this site so more of the membership are aware of it.

Phil

Back