• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Williams Elizabeth

atella

knowlegable brummie
Hi

Can anyone help with information about Elizabeth Williams

I understand that my grandmother as above subject was born in paisley Scotland born 06th Aug 1878

She acted/sang in Old time Music hall known as Patricia Connaughton

She later married a Mr Fogg ( thats all I know) then had several children.

Later marrying a Robert Wallace from Northern Ireland in Mar 1915 then had more children became a successful business woman later both living in Walsall Staffordshire.

She died in Walsall 6th May 1954

Re: Elizabeth Williams

Elizabeth Williams / Willam Fogg marriage 1st quarter 1908 Toxteth Park vol 8b page 291
Elizabeth Fogg / Robert Wallace marriage 1st quarter 1915 Walsall vol 6b page 937

In the 1911 census:
William Percy Fogg, 43, married, comedian, b. Levenshume Manchester is lodging at 2 Taylors Terrace Tramroad, Pontypridd,
and
Elizabeth Fogg, 32, Married, actress, b. Wolverhampton is with widowed mother Elizabeth Williams, 55, b. Birmingham, at 9 St Marys Terrace Wolverhampton.
also there are Elizabeth's brother John Williams, 26, Railway clerk,
sisters Louisa Williams, 20, Shorthand typist, and Norah Williams, 18, bookbinder.
and Elizabeth's children Norah W Fogg, 6; Mary Josephine Fogg, 4; amd Eileen Patricia Fogg, 2.

in 1901 westbury st. wolverhampton

elizabeth williams 42 b. bham (marr)
elizabeth 22 dressmaker
john 16 bus conductor
louisa 9
una 7

and a lodger thomas j jones 18. the children were all born wolverhampton

in 1891 canal st. wolverhampton
william williams 37 bricklayers lab. b. ireland
elizabeth 35 b. bham
elizabeth 12
robert 7
john 6
catherine 6 mths. children all b. wolverhampton

in 1881 in crooked lane, wolverhampton
william williams 25 bricklayers lab. b. ireland
elizabeth 24 b. bham
elizabeth 2 b. wolverhampton
and a lodger patrick hogan 24 b. ireland.

Hi,

Thank you so much.

I know theses are the correct people as I new my Aunts names eg Eileen and Great Aunt Louisa. Its really kind of you and such a fast answer

very grateful

Sorry message was for Shera

Hi,

I now know these are not the correct people but thank you so much for trying to help and I do appreciate your valuable time.

Thanks

Last edited:

hi atella, which are the correct people and which are the incorrect people as they all seem to be the same family :rolleyes: :)

are these the ones you want? in 1881 in 13 queen st. renfrewshire.
thomas williams 49 wool and cotton weaver, elizabeth williams. wife age 60, alexander williams 27 cotton weaver b. kilmarnock. isabella 23 spooler b. kilmarnock. adam 20 glazier. b. kilmarnock. jane 18 twiner b. kilmarnock. and granddaughter elizabeth williams aged 3yrs. b. paisley.

in 1891 13 queen st. renfrewshire. thomas williams 59 cotton weaver. isabella 33. and elizabeth williams. granddaughter. 13yrs b. paisley.

Hi,
I know the data found by Lloyd "rang bells" with me with names etc and dates and Elizabeth Williams was an actress and I remembered Aunts names but your latest information sounds really good as it could well be my Grandmother the age 3yrs makes sense and she was born in Paisley Renfrewshire but I do not really know for sure as I have no clues or information and no one in the family would know.

Thanks for all your trouble you never know I may find out more stuff its really kind of you .

All the best

Hi, Shera I sent this message originally to Lloyd by mistake apology

I now know these are not the correct people but thank you so much for trying to help and I do appreciate your valuable time.

Thanks

thats ok atella i just didnt quite understand. sorry we havent been able to help :):)

Hi,

I think you did find something that did help because look what I had off another site as follows:-

You have your grandma's birth date wrong as I am looking at her GRO registration.
v.i.z.
Elizabeth Williams (Illegitimate) born 4th September, 1877
at 13 Queen Street Paisley to Isabella Williams [Threadmill Worker]
No father listed.
Informant to the Registrar Thomas Williams (Grandfather)

1881 Scotland Census
WILLIAMS of 13 Queen St Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland
Thomas WILLIAMS Head 49 Wool & Cotton Weaver born How Wood, Renfrew, Scotland
Elizabeth WILLIAMS Wife 60 born Minnagaff, Wigtown, Scotland
Alexander WILLIAMS Son 27 Cotton Weaver born Kilmarnock, Ayr, Scotland
Isabella WILLIAMS Daughter 23 Spooler born Kilmarnock, Ayr, Scotland
Adam WILLIAMS Son 20 Glazier (Unemployed) born Kilmarnock, Ayr, Scotland
Jane WILLIAMS Daughter 18 Twiner born Kilmarnock, Ayr, Scotland
Elizabeth WILLIAMS Grand Daughter 3 born Paisley, Renfrew, Scotland

1891 Scotland Census
Name: Elizabeth Williams
Granddaughter of Head Thomas Williams
Born: Paisley, Renfrewshire
Address: 13 Queen Street
Scholar
ED: 19
Thomas Williams 59 Carpet Weaver
Isabella Williams 33
Elizabeth Williams 13

1901 Scotland Census
Isabella Williams Head 44 years old
of 4 Thread Street, Paisley
Born in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
Thread Mill Worker

This is what you found as well so many thanks no need to reply again to save you time

cheers

Hi,

Lloyd I cannot remember if I thanked you for all your hard work, if not please accept my apology just to let you know with your valuable information I have found out loads more so I do appreciate what you found for me.

All the best

atella:

This is the line I am researching, I have the same census details. Elizabeth Williams, b. 1877 daughter of Isabella. Re: Isabella's brother Adam Williams b. 1861.

I located an Adam Williams, wife Louisa ? living at 26 Oakburn Terrace, Glasgow, on the 1911 census.
Adam Wlliams age 40 Occupation Glazier, Louisa age 40, daughter Elizabeth age 12, son Adam age 9. Louisa, and her Children were born in England. Adam born Scotland.
I noticed you have an Elizabeth married name Fogg, could it be Adam's daughter who married a Fogg? I was given details that Elizabeth Williams b. 1877, married Nathaniel Christie, from someone researching the Christie Genealogy.

I can tell you that Thomas Williams & Elizabeth Allan ( widow woman) were married, in Kilmarnock, Scotland, March 4, 1853. I suspect Elizabeth died after 1881, as she does not show up on the 1891 census. Isabella, her daughter Elzabeth were still living with Thomas Williams, at 13 Queen St.

Hope these details will be of help.

antrim

Hi,

many thanks this does help.

I am confused with data at the moment as I am not well but some one sent me information which may help you .If you want to give me your email address their are attachments plus a message as further down.

It looks as if you were working on wrong information about the birth of your Elizabeth Williams being in Paisley.

The only birth registered in 1878 of an Elizabeth Williams in Scotland was August 25 in Throsk, Stirling, although the birth was registered in both
Dennistoun, Glasgow and Throsk Stirling where the child was actually born. Father was probably working in Glasgow with his father and mother at home in Throsk.

the attachments are not very clear but show death of Nathaniel Christie in 1950 then 1925 death Elizabeth Williams Christie then marriage in 1898 of Nathaniel Christie and Elizabeth Williams then in 1878 the birth of Elizabeth Keir Williams then as follows:-
1901 Scotland Census
Name: Lizzie Christie
Estimated birth year: abt 1878
Relationship: Wife
Spouse's name : Nathaniel
Where born: Paisley, Renfrewshire
Registration Number: 573/1
Registration district: Paisley
Civil parish: Paisley
County: Renfrewshire
Address: 2 Castle St
ED: 31
Household schedule number: 68
Line: 22
Roll: CSSCT1901_206
Household Members: Name Age
Nathaniel Christie 23
Lizzie Christie 23
David Christie 2
Nathaniel Christie 1

Name: Nathaniel Christie
Estimated birth year: abt 1878
Relationship: Head
Spouse's name : Lizzie
Where born: Paisley, Renfrewshire
Registration Number: 573/1
Registration district: Paisley
Civil parish: Paisley
County: Renfrewshire
Address: 2 Castle St

I only help this helps you

Regards

Thanks atella, I am new to the forum, how do I get my email address to you in private ?

antrim

Hi

Can anyone help with information about Elizabeth Williams

I understand that my grandmother as above subject was born in paisley Scotland born 06th Aug 1878

She acted/sang in Old time Music hall known as Patricia Connaughton

She later married a Mr Fogg ( thats all I know) then had several children.

Later marrying a Robert Wallace from Northern Ireland in Mar 1915 then had more children became a successful business woman later both living in Walsall Staffordshire.

She died in Walsall 6th May 1954

Would love to help, know who you are, as Elizabeth nee Williams was my grandmother. She reared me until I was about 3. We must be related!

I have no idea what I'm doing but hope I'm making contact with Atella. We must be related as Elizabeth nee Williams was my grandmother. I was brought up by her until I was about 3. Have lots to share.

I have no idea what I'm doing but hope I'm making contact with Atella. We must be related as Elizabeth nee Williams was my grandmother. I was brought up by her until I was about 3. Have lots to share.

Hi,

:) I may be able to help you a little. The problem is originally I had seemingly incorrect information as the date of birth and where born had been written on an old photograph stating Paisley why I will never know. I later found out with the good people on this forum that my Grandmother is this one :-

[FONT=&quot]Elizabeth Williams / Willam Fogg marriage 1st quarter 1908 Toxteth Park vol 8b page 291
Elizabeth Fogg / Robert Wallace marriage 1st quarter 1915 Walsall vol 6b page 937

If your relative was E Williams who married W Fogg then Wallace I can help you further but if your relative is as :-

[/FONT]
In 1881 in 13 queen st. renfrewshire.
thomas williams 49 wool and cotton weaver, elizabeth williams. wife age 60, alexander williams 27 cotton weaver b. kilmarnock. isabella 23 spooler b. kilmarnock. adam 20 glazier. b. kilmarnock. jane 18 twiner b. kilmarnock. and granddaughter elizabeth williams aged 3yrs. b. paisley.

in 1891 13 queen st. renfrewshire. thomas williams 59 cotton weaver. isabella 33. and elizabeth williams. granddaughter. 13yrs b. paisley.

Then I can direct you to people who know hopefully.

All the best.

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Hi Nicky,

I sent a load of facts to Anna she would be able to pass them on. I gave her data to pass on try her first.

If you cannot get more information let me have your email.

I found out all relevant data about Grandmother as far as one could go.

All the best cousin .:love-struck:

Thanks Will. Nice to be in touch again. I'll see what Anna has & whether any of the mystery is revealed.

Gramps is another mystery.......

All best from me, N

Thanks Will. Nice to be in touch again. I'll see what Anna has & whether any of the mystery is revealed.

Gramps is another mystery.......

All best from me, N

Hi again I gave her the information I had about gramps not a lot but interesting.

I am sure you will like it

Incidently I found on 1911 census in the local library my father being born in Ingersol Onterio Canada

Happy New Year.

Hi Atella and Lloyd,

I think William Fogg is William Percy Fogg, who is my Great Grandfather, My Grandfather was his son Gerard Fogg and Robert Wallace was his step father. Gerard was the first cousin of Eric Fogg who was a composer and worked for the BBC Empire Service (Some of his compositions are at the Barber Music Library at the University of Birmingham).

William Fogg was an actor and I will try to attach a photo of a larger signed photo that my dad showed me the other night. Thanks for the information, filled in some gaps in our family tree.

Best Wishes,

Paul FoggWill Percy.jpg

Hi Atella and Lloyd,

I think William Fogg is William Percy Fogg, who is my Great Grandfather, My Grandfather was his son Gerard Fogg and Robert Wallace was his step father. Gerard was the first cousin of Eric Fogg who was a composer and worked for the BBC Empire Service (Some of his compositions are at the Barber Music Library at the University of Birmingham).

William Fogg was an actor and I will try to attach a photo of a larger signed photo that my dad showed me the other night. Thanks for the information, filled in some gaps in our family tree.

Best Wishes,

Paul FoggWill Percy.jpg

Hi Granwall, Elizabeth nee Williams would have been my dad's grandmother as well. He was born and brought up in Walsall and his dad was William and Elizabeth's son Gerard Fogg.

Best wishes,

Paul Fogg

Back