• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ward family

skellyele

proper brummie kid
My dads family came from Larches street name of Ward his parents then moved to Webb Lane Hall Green, dont know if this name ring any bells with anyone ?

HI Skellyel
yes i know of the ward family especialy dave when we was kids we was mates and when he used to meet up with the brothers at the old bill and bush coventry rd yardley most nights of the week but that as been some years back fr me as i left brum some years ago
and barry and maureen johnstone ran the bill for years and they was on good terms for years they finaly emigrated for retirment afew years back
and barry taught my old dutchess the trade and put her forewarded for a licencees of pubs
barry left the girls and husbands the pub they are still there ; and my daughter keeps me in touch as she only lives across the rd from the pub ;
and my son inlaw uses it along with other old friends of mine ;[ the old bill and bush ]
best wishes Astonian;;

Thanks for your reply but theres no Dave in our ward family i was going back to at least 1925 if thats any help it was my grandparents that came for Larches Street.

Back