• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Price family in Llanelli - help!!

craiguito

master brummie
My great grandfather was George Randall, born 1878, Llanelly, resident at Campbell St in 1881 & 1891, and 43 Llewellyn St in 1901; he married Mary Hannah Price, (born 1877), in around 1900 with their first child David born in 1900. Mary Hannah Price was born in Llanelly, but I can't find any definite info on her parents.

I have found a Mary Hannah Price born in 1877 in somewhere completely different in Wales (Ystradgynlais, Brecknock), with parents WIlliam C Price and Hannah Price. Sounds like it could be a match, but they were such common names at that time, I'm not sure.

Can anyone help fill in the gaps?

1881 census 19 Emma street,LLanelly,Carmarthen.(Records show parts of LLanelly Glamorgan,part Carmarthen)

John Price age 25 b. LLanllwmi Carmarthen, Haulier,carter
Catherine age 27 b. LLandewi ,Cardigan
Mary H age 3 b. LLanelly carmarthen
Margaret J age 1 b. Llanelly. Carmarthen

Mary Hannah Price born LLanelly, was born December 1877 which would make her 3 years old when the census was taken 1881.

Thanks very much for that. I was trying to search using the Mormons' site, but could find any of the info you just provided.

Back