• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Nettlefolds Limited

A friend of mine lives on the Moor Pool estate in Harborne. The estate was the idea of John Nettlefold. I visited Winterbourne House some time ago. Well worth the visit. (My father in law worked for a company called Brook Tool Automation which, I think, was eventually bought out by GKN.) Hadn't GKN used to have offices in Digbeth?

A friend of mine lives on the Moor Pool estate in Harborne. The estate was the idea of John Nettlefold. I visited Winterbourne House some time ago. Well worth the visit. (My father in law worked for a company called Brook Tool Automation which, I think, was eventually bought out by GKN.) Hadn't GKN used to have offices in Digbeth?
Yes, Winterbourne House and Gardens is well worth a visit and right on my doorstep. Tea on terrace is a very civilized, English way to spend a hot summer's afternoon.

I have just found this really interesting site and pleased to see a few names I remember well. I was an apprentice from 1961 until I moved on after 14 years. I worked my way through the training school under Joe Harris, the Products Department and then as a Sales Engineer in the Dynaflow Department. I also was a tour guide. ( do you remember ‘Winky’ Mee).
I remember Dave Rock particularly and Derek Biggs less so.
This was a great place to work and I still have fond memories.
My father was a long standing employee as Training Manager.
I stayed in the fastener industry all my working life first at a company called Headings, and then at Webb Fasteners. Eventually started my own distribution company called Severn Valley Fasteners. Although now retired the company lives on and owned and run by my Son-in-Law.

I have just found this really interesting site and pleased to see a few names I remember well. I was an apprentice from 1961 until I moved on after 14 years. I worked my way through the training school under Joe Harris, the Products Department and then as a Sales Engineer in the Dynaflow Department. I also was a tour guide. ( do you remember ‘Winky’ Mee).
I remember Dave Rock particularly and Derek Biggs less so.
This was a great place to work and I still have fond memories.
My father was a long standing employee as Training Manager.
I stayed in the fastener industry all my working life first at a company called Headings, and then at Webb Fasteners. Eventually started my own distribution company called Severn Valley Fasteners. Although now retired the company lives on and owned and run by my Son-in-Law.
nice first post alan...hope you enjoy the forum

lyn

Sue, just reading this thread. What is your father in laws name? I worked at Brook Tool in the late 50’s early 60’s as a technical apprentice.

Back