• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

hockley hill post office

Thanks Lyn. I enjoyed looking at the photos of the Post Office. I used to take mail to this post office daily when I worked at Harry Astbury Electrical Engineers which was just down the hill. It was my first job from school as a junior shorthand typist when I was 15. I had to take all the mail to the post office after I finished work at 6 p.m. (not in working hours!). This meant walking up the hill to the post office and then back again and up Soho Hill to go home.

same here judy...my first job in vyse st required me to go to this post office with the mail...happy days indeed

lyn

Hello, only just discovered this site. I note no posting since 2015. I worked on the counter there from 1960 to 1966. We got to know and be friendly with many of the customers. As I'm now 80 however I doubt if there is anyone accessing this site who would remenber me.

Hello, only just discovered this site. I note no posting since 2015. I worked on the counter there from 1960 to 1966. We got to know and be friendly with many of the customers. As I'm now 80 however I doubt if there is anyone accessing this site who would remenber me.
Don't put money on it! :laughing: I hope you do.

hello g.p.redman and welcome to the forum...you never know someone may remember you...we have members on here who are at least 10 years older than you:)

enjoy all the best

lyn

Just found this thread, lovely to see those pictures inside the Post Office. I made many visits there in my time in the Jewellery Quarter in the 80s, a really handsome building.

Back