• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

crocodile works

couple of pics taken today..nice to see that the building in porchester st was retained as promised in the plans and looks lovely..just goes to show that a lot of these buildings can be saved with a little be of TLC...

lyn

Lyn the pictures are great and just shows what can be done. I love the Cocodile Works with the rounded front it's stunning. They look so much better that these ulta modern building IMHO.

I love the Dunlop building as well.

must say wend i do quite like this building..here are a few more taken of the alma st side..again its great to still see the name crocodile works retained...

If you could have looked at that building from about the same spot in the early 1800s, you would have seen a huge mound of ash and cinders higher than the building and stretching back beyond where Alma Street School was and of course tapering back down to the ground. A famous photo/picture is taken from the top of that mound looking towards the left. It was on here somewhere.

Back