• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Brummie Ghosts

Did you ever see a play called "The Stone Tapes" in the 70's (I was very young) but it related to an event or events being so strong that they leached into the fabric of the building and were released to be re played on occasion. I find that believable, more so than spirits of the dead. I lost my Father last year he was a few weeks off 90 years old and for the last 14 years was on his own after Mom died. He lived in a council house that he had occupied for about 55 years, and it was the house that I was born in and lived in for 26 years, left for 3 years and then returned to for another 5 years due to personal circumstances.
Like you I love the house I live in now, but had so many happy days in Dad's old house that I miss the place terribly, and although I live 25 miles away now in Stafford, I drive down the grove and look at Dad's old house every chance I get. I think of it a lot as you do, and find what you are suggesting as possible and believeable an explination for "strange" events as what was suggested in "The Stone Tapes" and far more believable than spirits.

John

Hi John, Thanks for your comment! I know 'The Stone Tape' well. I'm a big fan of the late Nigel Kneale, who wrote the story. I don't know if it's still online, but you used to be able (not too long ago) to view the programme via YouTube. It was cut into segments, of course, but, if you could put up with that, it's well worth watching / re-watching! I concur with you totally re. the recording, rather than spirits notion. This is pretty much my take on the subject, if there is anything to ghosts, of course! Laugh!! Having mentioned my story to other people, many have related their feelings to me - much the same as yours and mine - making me realise that I was not as alone in such musings as I had initially thought. Cheers, Nick

Slightly off topic - but not exactly, really - but does anyone recall the Brum 'Vampire' stories that began circulating a few years back?? On the whole, I think they boiled down to hysteria, more than anything more substantial, but there were reports of some chap running around (Shard End, was it?) trying to bite people??? After only a very brief run, the stories stopped dead, it seems! Laugh!!

Regards,

Nick

Kicking off - not exactly a terribly inspiring view - but here's one of my favourite, allegedly haunted, Brum sites: Warstones Lane Cemetry on the edge of the Jewellery Quarter. (I did write an article on the associated haunting for a Star Trek fanzine about 10 years ago - but I can't find it now??? Grrr!!!!).

Allegedly the haunt - along with the Mint building and a few streets in between - of a female ghost that has been described as a white / grey lady in Victorian garb and, by some, a woman in 1940's style clothing (though the latter one was a 'one-off' encounter, it seems??)

Regards,

Nick;)

I'd been planning to go and take a look at the area where Wolverhampton / Bilston gibbet once stood recently - but, instead, I took a virtual tour of the region yesterday!!!! Laugh!!!!

I duly offer you a Moor Lane, Witton: allegedly haunted by a handsome young man in RAF uniform!? During the (early?) 90's, this particular spot made the local press a number of times when a passing workman reported having hit a figure - which mysteriously vanished - in his works van!! It had been snowing quite badly at the time, I recall, and someone appearing on one of the local news channels suggested that the chap had actually struck a snowman that had been built near the cemetry gates!! Laugh!!!! Whatever the roots of that particular experience, the RAF figure has been associated with the region for many decades now, but no one has ever come up with a suggestion as to who he actually is / was??????

All the best to you,

Nick

View attachment 50229

Hi Nick..........When on your journey's try and find where Halesowen Gibbet is or was, but don't put yourself out.
I was born in Alexandra road Hawne Halesowen.......known locally as the Gibbet ?
Regards
Mike.

Hi Nick..........When on your journey's try and find where Halesowen Gibbet is or was, but don't put yourself out.
I was born in Alexandra road Hawne Halesowen.......known locally as the Gibbet ?
Regards
Mike.

When I was at school, many moons ago. We were told that the Gibbet was at the top of Alexandra Road, where the Huntingtree pub, now the Button Factory is. It scared the daylights out of me as I had to walk past it every day.

Regards
Mike.

Hi Mike,

Have you broached this question on another forum somewhere????? I know I've read something about this elsewhere???

Regards,

Nick

Thank you Cradley C, thought it may have been at the highest point
Nick you may have seen it on other site....forget now !.
Mike.

Speaking to a friend the other night and he mentioned that the 'Nationally famous' ghost photograpf depicting the 'Wem Town Hall Ghost' from the 1990's has now been proven to be a fake!! I've just checked the Shropshire press to find something on the matter out and found the following articles - which have proven fascinating, to say the least!!!! Please do check out the 'click here to see for yourself' option in the second article and have a mess around with the 'Fade' option which superimposes one image over the other......... definitive proof of a fake!!!

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2010/05/17/does-postcard-solve-ghost-riddle/

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2010/05/20/put-pictures-together-to-solve-wem-ghost-riddle/

All the best,

Nick

Well, well! That was the one ghostie photo I used to think could have been genuine. What about the Rainham Hall photo, Nick? Do you think that's genuine, or......

Big Gee

Hi Big Gee,

That one was a bit of a kicker, I must admit!! Laugh!! A lot of normally sceptical people had kept schtum over the Wem picture, as there certainly seemed to be something about it that set it apart from the other fare on offer, along these sorts of lines!?! I must admit I didn't think it was a fake, but I'd assumed it was probably a good instance of pareidolia...... or, dare I say it, the 'faces in the fire' effect!!! Laugh, laugh!!! (Please don't throw stuff at me, it couldn't have been a more apt phrase, under the circumstances, could it?! Laugh!!)

Re. the Raynham Hall photograph - the Fortean Times Magazine did something of an expose' on the subject a few years back - pointing out discrepancies / suspicious points within the image - but there was nothing actually proven for certain one way or another on the matter. It's always impressed me - that most famous of 'Brown Ladies' was 'the' ghost pic when I was young (laugh!!) - but I wouldn't like to hazard a guess if it was faked or not......

Generally, however, I cannot recall one single pic that has really made me sit up, to be honest? The Wem shot was most probably the one that felt the most 'right' out of all the ones I've seen, to be honest...... and we know where that one has now ended up!! Laugh!!!!

All the best to you,

Nick

The pic at the bottom of the post was taken during an investigation that was carried out at a site on the Black Country / Brum. border on Friday night (June 4th).

We had been setting up kit around the property concerned, when I suddenly happened to notice a nasty-looking, almost 'Z' shaped scratch on the back of one of our group members (Steves) neck!! It hadn't been there a few seconds earlier (or I'd have seen it) and Steve couldn't recall having scratched his neck, etc.

Unfortunately, the flash on the camera has 'bleached' the mark somewhat, as it was much redder to the naked eye and there were slight, white scratch marks within the red - as if done by something sharp, disturbing the skin layer - visible (that aren't on the pic!! ) Within the space of 5 to 10 minutes, the mark had literally disappeared.....

I've mentioned this matter here, basically because - over the last 10 years or so - 'scratching ghosts' have certainly become something of a trend..... In the past, such things were almost unheard of, yet, thanks to the antics shown on such programmes as Most Haunted et al, reports of physical assault by ghosts have been on the up and up over recent years!! (Having said that, such things do seem to have subsided slightly more recently, but they 'were' a trendy thing a short while ago).

For anyone who has ever taken notice of ghostly happenings around Greyfriars Churchyard in Edinburgh, these sorts of scratches are, allegedly, a regular (almost nightly) occurrence on the ghost walks that visit the site concerned. Nearer home, Tutbury Castle in Staffordshire also played host to a number of such 'assaults' on visiting ghost fanatics.......

Personally speaking, I don't think that there is anything of a paranormal nature to these things, but, I must admit that I never thought we'd have such happenings occurring on one of our investigations???

What do you think of such things??? Do ghosts really scratch????

Regards,

Nick

scratchsteve.jpg

Howdy Folks,

Just a brief note to say that the W.M.G.C. will be conducting a charity event - on behalf of MacMillan Cancer Support - at St. Mary's Medieval Guildhall in Coventry in February 2011. If anyone would be at all interested in donating towards this investigation - perhaps sponsoring an investigator - we will be spending some 6 hours patrolling what easily stands as the cities most haunted property!

If anyone might be interested in attending the event, we only have a very few places left - but please let us know and we can put you on a waiting list in case anyone drops out, etc. We basically require attendees to raise a minimum of £35 sponsorship to secure a place at the event.

All the best to you,

Nick

INVESTIGATION REPORT: St. Mary’s Guildhall - Coventry..

On the 25th of November 2005, a group of 21 people conducted an overnight investigation of St. Mary’s Guildhall in Coventry city centre. The event – a fund raising ‘ghost hunt’ held on behalf of Birmingham Children’s Hospital - was organised and co-ordinated by members of the West Midlands Ghost Club.

As the visit was primarily intended as a ‘Charity Event’ – incorporating a number of people who had never experienced a potentially ‘haunted’ situation previously – investigation protocol for the duration of the night was purposefully kept at a reasonably ‘casual’ level. However, thanks to the excellent co-ordination skills of W.M.G.C. member Kevin Wallace, who was mainly responsible for this visit, investigation process and protocol was still maintained at a high level throughout our stay.

Overall, a general investigation was made of the property incorporating four groups of 5 / 6 people. (Each team headed by members of the W.M.G.C.) Our investigation mainly focussed on sections of building noted as being of particular relevance or importance regarding the alleged paranormal history of the site. During the night, investigation procedure incorporated periods of first person audio / visual observation, with vigils being conducted for approx. 40 minutes each. (A 20 minute break was held between every session).

As well as manned observation periods, static (area based) audio / visual recording sessions, incorporating both standard and night shot camera’s, were also carried out. General temperature recording throughout the building were also monitored for the duration of the stay and a number of ‘trigger objects’ placed in particular sections of the building.

With regards to the investigation itself, a number of potentially interesting events were noted during the night.

While nothing of interest was detected by any of the groups concerned during the first vigil of the stay, group member Steve Chew appears to have caught - what sounds like - a section of rather rough, ‘choral singing’ on a video recording made in the Great Hall of the Guildhall. While there was a considerable amount of external noise coming from the streets circling the building for most of our stay, this ‘singing’ strikes the listener as rather ‘alien’ to such surroundings. While the voices are seemingly rough and uncultured, the footage gives a definite impression of a distant choir, delivering Christmas carols or some such songs….. Mr. David McGrory – W.M.G.C. patron, who has strong connections with the Guildhall - says that he has also heard this effect when in the building during the daytime. He has always put this down to the effect that the P.A. system in the property is apparently on the same wavelength as the nearby Cathedral security….. leading to a tentative, airwaves connection. However, while this theory might cover such happenings during the daytime, surely there was no choir practising in the Cathedral at almost 11.30 at night? And from the sound of the voices concerned – such a choir would need all the practice it could get…!?

During vigil two, a group of people situated in the Drapers room report hearing a sound akin to something being rolled across the floor. Someone else in the group said they thought the noise was like ‘someone sweeping a chimney’. During a ‘baiting session’ a little later on, the same group hear a loud knock seemingly coming from one of the walls of the building, apparently in response to one of their questions. When confirmation was requested, however, no other noises were heard.

A group situated in the Undercroft area for the duration of vigil three heard a loud noise, like the sound of movement, coming from the nearby Kitchen. They could find nothing to account for the noise upon investigation. A little later on in the sitting and W.M.G.C. member Kevin Wallace was standing near the kitchen sink, with Ellen Wallace walking towards him along a small, side corridor. At this juncture, they both describe hearing a noise originating behind Ellen, like someone moving a series of fine, hanging chains, which make up a blind across a section of the passage. No one else was present in the area at the time. Kevin says that the noise was very distinct.

During this same period, two investigators responsible for covering the first floor section of the building reported having seen a ‘ball of light' moving around erratically inside (what is referred to as) the Sloping Room. At 1.20 a.m., the group gather within the Mary Queen of Scots Room for an experimental ‘séance’ session. Three light 'knocks' were subsequently heard in what would appear to have been response to direct questioning. However, it has to be stated that, with the amount of people in the building at the time, these sounds may well be of a perfectly natural origin.

At one point during the same session, Steve Chew heard what he took to be the sound of faint, little footsteps, seemingly coming towards the door of the Mary Queen of Scots Room. Two other members of the party thought the noise had sounded like the swishing of a long dress.

During vigil four, the group of investigators responsible for covering the Great Hall area experienced a ‘fast-moving light’ appear in the topmost section of the hall. The light proceeded to move over the balcony, down the hall wall, underneath the balcony…. then move over the side wall and half way up the hall in a sort of a curved motion. This effect only lasted a second and was very fast.

No one in the hall had their torches on, though – to witnesses - the light was evidently not that created by a torch. The light could not have originated with investigators inside the armoury as it travelled down the back wall, which is clearly not within their line of sight.

Witness Kevin Wallace says that the light reminded him of what he and a researcher attached to another society had previously witnessed in exactly the same location, but on the other side of the hall, during a separate investigation of the site.

A little later on in the same vigil and the above mentioned group heard a noise from the Stage Area of the Main Hall. They said that this had sounded like the creak of one of the wooden floor panels when someone moves across it. No one was sitting near the stage at this point.

Towards the end of vigil four, a very exciting and dramatic event occurred concerning the party of people situated on the First Floor level. Four of the girls present - non-W.M.G.C. members – had been seated at an oblong table, near the entrance to Mary Queen of Scots Room. Two members were seated one side of the table and two the other. They had been in the process of conducting a ‘baiting session’ (levelling questions to the room itself) when attendee Jennie Elwell had – through the open doorway - allegedly seen a tall, dark figure pass across the landing, just outside the toilet block. The figure had moved quickly from right to left, as if having come up the steps from the walkway to the main Council Building. When later questioned, she could not say whether the figure had gone into the toilets, or into a small kitchen area immediately in front of the steps. Upon seeing the figure, she instantly became hysterical and sparked off a like reaction in the other girls. (When group members Nick Duffy and Darren Simpson had entered the room – alerted by the girls screams – they had found Miss Elwell clutching the edge of a table, crying hysterically and seemingly unable to move for some time).

This event obviously attracts the attention of other teams nearby and the general proceedings were disturbed for a short time. Up until this point, investigators covering the Mercers Room during this period report having experienced a very ‘uneasy feeling’ in that section of the building which they simply couldn’t brush off.

At 3.39 a.m. – vigil five – Kevin Wallace and his group were situated in the Council Chambers and Treasury room, when they saw a series of lights showing under the door into the great hall. This appeared as if someone had walked past the door with a bright torch. These lights lasted a few seconds at a time, until Kevin opened the door to find absolutely nothing - except a very dark and quiet hall. On the first floor level at exactly the same time, Frazer Smith reports over the radio that his group has also seen strange light anomalies apparently coming from the Great Hall area.

At roughly the same time, Steve Chew and his group were situated in the Undercroft and Kitchen area. While standing in the Kitchen, Steve reports having heard very distinct footsteps descending the stairs that lead from the Great Hall. The steps, which sounded as if they were made by someone heavy set, were heard to stop – followed by a few more tentative steps – then by a loud noise, as if someone were 'rummaging' through boxes. Strangely, two other attendees were standing in the same area with Steve and one only heard the loud footsteps descending the stairs, while the other only heard the ‘rummaging’ noises. Two other attendees were situated in the nearby Undercroft at this point and they heard exactly the same sequence of noises as Steve. The area concerned was immediately investigated and nothing to account for the sounds was found.

On trying to recreate the footsteps, even when stamping, Steve could not replicate the same ‘hefty’ sounding footfalls. It was also noticed that the steps sounded as if they were possibly on an old creaky wooden floor, not the more 'modern’, supported floor that is in place today!

Towards the end of vigil six, it was noticed that 4 coins which had been used in one of our ‘trigger’ experiments, had been moved. The coins concerned – ringed on a sheet of white paper – had been situated on the ledge of a bureau which stands outside the toilet block on the first floor landing. Two of the coins were now on the floor immediately below the ledge and the paper on which they rested was now partially hanging off the ledge itself. Unfortunately, because of the constant human traffic moving around the building during the night, it could not clearly be ascertained whether this had accidentally been done by someone in attendance….

Following the official end of the investigation, Kevin Wallace happened to shine his torch down the stairs from the Main Hall to the Kitchen area and saw something moving at the bottom. His first impression was that it was a female figure. Having just seen three of four girls attached to one of the groups in that area, he thought that the figure he’d seen must have been the 4th girl. Going down the stairs into the kitchen, he found no one there. As he entered the Undercroft, he found that the 4th girl was already sitting at one of the tables, with a number of other people situated at the very end of the room. He asked the girl if anyone had entered just before him, or had she possibly only just come down the stairs herself? She answered no to both questions………

All in all, a considerable number of potential paranormal happenings were reported from the different teams during the night, including both audio and visual activity. The above mentioned list of occurrences only constitutes a section of incidents reported during the night in question.

The volume of possible incidents reported was quite high in comparison to other W.M.G.C. investigations, and it cannot help but be questioned whether such an increase has something to do with the sheer volume of people concerned with the event, as well as the fact that many attendee's were experiencing such conditions for the first time? Having said this, while a [wholly expected and understandable] state of trepidation was obvious in a couple of the attendee’s, the bulk of the group concerned acted in an exceptionally serious and level headed manner.

Whatever the validity of our findings as potential paranormal happenings, it has to be said that all who attended the Guildhall investigation thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

End.

Someone has recently contacted me to ask about the amount of money being raised (per person) for the above mentioned charity event and all the group is asking is a minimum amount of £35 in sponsorship (to secure you a place). I'd just like to point out that two of the most recent investigations at the same site - by parties who have a maximum of a year or so experience in this sort of thing and not on behalf of a charity - ran at approx. £60 and £75 per person...... So, not only is the WMGC investigation an absolute snip, but it's also raising monies for a stirling cause that (I'm sure) a lot of people who are reading this can appreciate......

All the best,

Nick

Hi, I am looking for info on The Brighton Cottages, Canal side, Stonehouse Lane, Weoley Castle. My mother may have lived there back in the 30's. Reading through some of your posts you mention this area. Can anyone shed any light on these cottages?

I don't remember these cottages, the great tip which was a big type of quarry ran down to the cut just behind the "castle" of weoley castle, there was the stonehouse pub were these cottages near there? or nearer barnes hill by rosies cafe? there were council houses near the stonhouse pub and these ran down to the cut via a small road with a walk only a passage way which connected via an old canal bridge to weoley castle road, i was about from the mid fifty's to the early sixty's.
paul

Hi Paul, I have attached a map from 1938 and indicated where I think they were. There is a stream running from the castle towards the west. Jog any memories? Is this the area you discribe?
The only info I have to go on is this, kindly sent to me by Mike.
The Brighton Cottages occur on the census (coming from the west on the north side, in the order no 129, then Stonehouse Farm (on the map), Stonehouse cottages, Weoley Castle Farm (on the bottom right but the word farm is partly obliterated) then Brighton cottages

they were down by that pathway that led to the cut eddie, and must have been demolished many years ago as they definatley were'nt there that I can remember in the late fiftys early sixtys.
regards
paul

Hi guys
its up to the indivual to beleive what you want to beleive but i persnaly do beleive
ghost stories are now far and between today not like years ago when it was strife in this fast pace in the world today
its like finding these distinct animals in the four corners of the dark univers they are still leaking around today
undiscovered by maqn
there is a ghost finding going on in ward end this week at the very old church chapel in ward end an all nighter
there is twenty five people booked for this venue
and some time in the next week or two there is a ghost hunt in key hill cemetry a all nighter is taking place
and i know of a expereince by a certain grave personaly which occured years ago before the destrustion of the crem chapel when i was in my youger days
at key hill ickneild street by the railway bridge i have never forgotten it but i will not mention the name on the forum because it would not be correct for me to do so because of any members of this family would ba alive today
but i have certainly booked myself for this one at key hill hockley
keep your spirits high and make up your own mind until you see for your self its like these ufo we are told they aint there
but the goverment aint gonna tell us the truth only time will tell they aint seen them selves so unless they do
they will not admitt it now we know there is aother planet up there for def,
put your selfs to the test try a ghost hunt
best wishes astonion

I've seen the ghost of Wilfred Barwick, a few years ago now, whilst walking my dog! It was around November time which makes sense, as that was when he was murdered! He was walking up the path along Hodge Hill common on the grass. I turned to look back and he had vanished!! I thought it was odd at the time, as the man I saw was wearing a long brown coat and a very big brimmed hat (like a pilgrims)! It frightened me!! My daughter did some research into ghosts within the area, including period dress from around that time. Very spooky!! Looks like it was Wilfred!!

Just a brief note to say that our charity event for MacMillan Nurses - held at Coventry Guildhall on Feb. 18th - went according to plan. Everyone who attended seemed to have a great time!!
wink.gif
wink.gif

Not a lot to report re. spooky stuff this time, but three people from my group heard footsteps going across a landing when we were on the 1st floor level, and there was no one on the landing in question....... A little later, another group in the room below the 1st floor level heard what they thought was a woman in heels walking across a cobbled or stone floor above them. There was no one up there in heels and all of the flooring immediately above their position is wooden boarding......

When we first got to the site, we all heard what we took to be our guide for the night (female) talking in the kitchens below us, but, when we went to check, there was no on there!? We also had a couple of weird lights spotted and a few knocks and bangs that couldn't blatantly be accounted for...... Again, nothing too brilliant, but more than we usually get on one of our investigations!!
lol.gif
lol.gif

Obviously, the most important thing to report was well over the £500 mark being raised for MacMillan, of course!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
We haven't got the full amount totted up quite yet, however, as all of the sponsorship hasn't come in quite yet.

A few pics from the evening can be viewed here:

https://westmidlandsghostclub.myphotoalb ... e=album101

All the best to ye,

Nick

Heres my one and only ‘spooky’ experience.
Early 1990s summer evening, just around dusk, I was at the Castle Bromwich Fisher & Ludlow/Jaguar Cars plant, much of which was at that time semi derelict.

There is a Yellow Gas pipe, around 2 feet in diameter that travels around the plant from an area roughly behind the cinema on Tyburn Rd, almost all the way to the front gate opposite castle Vale. Below this, following the same route, and attached to the same gantry, there are various signal cables, and I had to ‘walk the route to find and rectify a problem.

Having located the Damage ( not far from the derelict boiler house, for those familiar with the site ) I was up a ladder making a temporary repair, when a man with slicked back hair, wearing an old type boiler suit walked past from my right. “Alright mate” I said, but didn’t get a reply, he just carried on and walked past (behind me) miserable sod I thought, and l looked to my left. But he was nowhere to be seen. There was a building behind me, but there were no doors or anywhere he could have gone.

Not sure if its relevant, but I heard later that the building behind me had been used as a mortuary, in the days when it was a busy plant and during the war. I realise that old buildings like that can seem spooky when they are empty, but working in similar places out of hours, was pretty much an everyday thing for me at the time, and I wasn’t ‘spooked’ at all, not at the time, nor afterwards.

Had it not been for his 1940/50s hair stylea nd appearence, and the old fashioned blue boiler suit, I probably wouldnt have thought much more of it, but I had a look around and there was no sign of anybody else in the area except for myself.

There must be a lot of people on this site who are familiar with that factory, and just wondered if anyone else has heard a similar tale.

Last edited:
Hi Tali,

It's hard to type while holding your head in your hands..... honestly!!! Laugh, laugh!!

The real horror in this type of situation is trying to get the 'victims' to believe that there is probably a host of rational explanations for what is going on in the property concerned, of course. People just seem to want to be haunted these days, despite the claims made to the contrary, when it comes to the crunch.....

As for orbs and such - well...... Laugh, laugh!!!

All the best,

Nick

I've just been reading through a handful of vague references pointing towards airfield related ghosts and potential hauntings in the Castle Bromwich region of Brum. It's stated in a number of sources that the tales are well documented - regarding the likes of phantom airmen being seen around the region, etc - but then, contradictory-like - the information given is scant and bitty at best??? I was just wondering if any of the forum users who are interested in spooks may have seen something along these lines in their net related travels?? Is the data as flimsy as the substance of ghosts? Laugh!?!? Regards, Nick

Hi spooky
we have alot out here in worcestershire especialy in eversham below the building og of the old town post office
thers been one in the old red lion pub in acocks green from the early years of he 1900s when the old convent was a small house
and when they closed it down it became the olde ye lion pub a cracking pub in the history of the convent there was a nun whom got murdered
and in time she came back to this ye olde pub and and made her presence eventualy the old pub was nocked down and rebuilt
and renamed it he trader they brought the pub building forwrded as well but the locals did not like the name
so they reinstated the pub name as the red lion and yes even today this nun makes her presence within the celler
she come during the night and the barrels will roll aound the celler and the chains shagkles are clanging around on the floor
how i know this its from experiences from running and living in te pub she was active as far back as legions say the pub nd he convent was there
i live in a bungolow and i have old ledgers from the pub from early 1900s and i have them wrapped up in a special brown paper for reservation
and i live in a house which still have visiters as the previious tennat died thereit was an elderly lady and beleive me she visits me
from time to time and i know her force is there from the cary ons but i was also thinking along the lines of the old ledgers
holding some kind offorce daft i know its sounds crazy but its a mystry world we live in remember
i have stated before i do have a intrest in these thing and beleive in them because of my early life experiences
there was a topiv on tv recently some proffesser stated we all have seen a ghost some time in our lives but alot of people refuse to except or they dont relized that there is one present i am going with my daughter to one in a couple of weeks my daughter is a mediam
and she his very popoular and lots of people phone her up and asked her to come all over the city the bbc will some time will be a document on this and they have asked her and her friend whom is also a top medium in brum to join them at the bbc so i will keep you in touch
all the best astonian

Thanks for that Astonian - you're a lucky man!!! There are a lot of books out there by an author named Anne Bradford if you're interested in Worcestershire ghosts..... sure your local Waterstones will have a few copies.... or something like Amazon, of course(?) I wish a few of your 'visitors' would make their presence known around me...... I think I must be a 'No Fly Zone' when it comes to potential, ghostly activity!!! Laugh!!! All the best to you, Nick

Hi nick
i have just come back from one of my younger brothers whom lives in kings heath and lives in an older house
not far from ickneild rd or street up by walkers heath rd which runs down by the wodland burial site and down the side of the old roman road
which was used by the romans in history if you check the history of the area which it does have as he as told me today
but i am telling you that a couple of weeks ago he had a visit from a chost whom was a monk all in his robesover his head
this was at 7 pm on the evening as he sat there reading is birmingam mail on his own his wife and kids was out
some think caught his eye and he clanced up over the paper anf life size the figure stood there he said he was petrifyed to speak or move for a while
eventualy he got the nerves together and moved slowly around the houseand put all the house lights on very slowly he put his out hand first before
moving into the rooms and the kitchen and reaching into the kitchen or any other room
he told me that he had in recent weeks attended an old church which i mentioned before in alum rock ward end by the park
but stopped going because of an experience he had with a speaker there whom was getting vibes from and whilst he was there he was very sceptical of these things he felt some one touch him on the side of him and he said he was next to a wall and no one was next to him he felt uneasy
but the following week he went back and took is wife after telling her of the previous weeks she also got some experiences and they stop going and
he as not been back for a long while and now he told me of this expeience of the monk standing at the bottom of the stairs in his house he was there for a minute or two he said and disapeared so is there spirits lurking in the area or what from around the roman end of kings heath or not
my brother is no fool nor joker and he dont drink eithere its true and larger than life experiences astonian

HI NICK
No Apparently no this is not his first time of seeing things which i learnt yesterday for the first time his wife rose came back from work yesterday afternon
i happenened to say to rose have you seen the monk and she turned and said no but roy as hes as always seen things before now i have only heard noises in the night
of some one walking around in the hall way in the night i have woken roy up to investergate but no one ws there the kids being adults never heard or not even them was down stairs
they was a sleep in bed but yes he as seen afew things before now he also told me of an incidence yesterday about 12 months ago how he went to visit our parents grave
in handsworth wood and how he found a gold kuragran coin around the grave when he started to walk away from the grave when he was making is way back to the car after afew steps from the grave he found another one so he though how strange his is and h was lokin in case there wa more but no there wasno mre to be seen
so he wnt back to the car park and as he openend is car door and turn himself into the car to sit down by his foot onhe road was another one he hought this was
werd so when he went home he took them out of his pocket and inspected them and put them in a little bag when he went to see our older brother
in tamworth he explained to ron and how strange this was well being the fact that our nephew was and is still tuned into being a medium
and he asked simon to look at these coins and as simon listenend to how roy found them simon was feeling them and rubbing them and as he did he started to say to roy i get a feeling
that these was once belong to and old lady and at that point the house hold lights started to go on and off so they put them away
okay it may be that at the local power station there may have been some think going on to cause them to flickerone still does not know today about the connection
but yesterday i thought long and hard about these mystries and the spirits and its a sort of a relegion thing i beleive as i have said there is afew certain people on this planet whom have the gift i am a truly beleiver in these things through my own sighting and experiences in my early days of life my daughter is a medium as i have told you
she his good and her friend sue is long related to my mothers family of the jelfs whom have a history of relegion and sprits one of the jelfs way back in time was a priest or vicar of a church in coteridge i beleive it was kings norton at the time and i am told the great grand mother was connected some where along he line to whittby castle and f you check the historyu it was a old destroyed momastry which was monks and my mother and her mother was into all these spiritual churchs and pratices and i think thats where our source is coming from
and i beleive there was druids involved wih the ancesters as well but i beleive they was masons and grand masters i have been told by my high flyer cousin in oxford
i think i must stop here a i am useing space up for now nick but i can only say i beleive in this spiritual things its laughable i do know but unless you experience in seeing you aint never gonna beleive in it best wishes astonian

Back