• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bolton Road, Small Heath

Yes, the shops at the ends of Cooksey Avenue were Mrs Curley's general store and Tommy Tyers greengrocers.
Also remember the Brueton family and the Nash family.
PA739
Hi PA739,
within the Brueton family, do you remember a lad called Roy ?
many thanks Pauline.

I lived in Bolton Road in the new houses in the early 70s & it did finish at Coventry Road, Opposite the old bus depot, and nowadays opposite the Blues football ground.

I lived ln Bolton Road in the 50,s .I lived at 4/381 i have 2 sisters Barbara and Carol and a brother Peter. we moved to Stechford when i was 7. I remember Geoff Stokes i went out with him in 68.Also remember the Griffings and the aloways.
.Mr Taylor was the head master cannot remember any of the teachers names. Lived with my nan my mom Joyce and my dad George he was a postman.Not been down that way for along time

Hi, I am new to the forum, I found this almost straight away! The shop was owned by my grandfather Reginald Burgess and I lived there until I was eight, I went to Oakley Road school. This certainly stirred up some memories
Hi
Les,

I've been doing my Burgess family tree for a number of years

Like I mentioned in a few other replies
Which I sent before I saw your other comments

Like I mentioned
My great grandparents
We're

Peter James Frederick Burgess
(Known by Fred burgess)
And fanny Burgess (nee) smallman

Fred Burgess was born in Crewe Cheshire & fanny Burgess-smallman, Bilston

I'm sure Fred had a brother called James burgess,
James seems to be prominent on the burgess side

Grandparents Albert James Burgess, married Phyllis stubley
They Had Dad
Kenny burgess & my uncle micky burgess,

Fanny Burgess had a shop
Fred Burgess ran a greengrocers in Camphill,

Any Info tht relates then let me know

All the best

Lisa

Hello viv i left the school in 1961 My family lived in byron road and my dad had a fish and chip shop in golden hillock road My brothers name was robin he was a year younger my sister was 5 years older and left senior school before we went there. i went out with ron mansell at school and we got married in 1970 i am also in touch with jacqueline palmer and she used to live in bolton road .
Sorry for being very late in the day here but I chomped my way through what must have been tons of chips from that chip shop. Do you have any more information or better, a photo or two? I lived at 103.

Back