• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham Schools Athletics

bobsummers

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
Started a new hopefully interesting thread that probably involved us all over the years. (I can smell OXYGEN) I was a good 440yards runner, but at my school "Dennis Road" we had a sprint flyer named Lincoln Brown. he was real popular in the late 50's early 60's and I believe went onto run for Sparkhill Harriers. he was like ------- of a shovel, never saw any one beat him and he also ran in bear feet. Sadly he passed away before he was 20 due to ganga and the like. But He is still in my memory to this day.

It didn't involve all of us. I was the one no one wanted in their team, couldn't catch,throw or kick a ball. My sports afternoon was restricted cross country running which took ages as we non sport persons walked round the course. I have no urge to beat anyone at anything.

Back