• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

BHF EASTER MEET UP 2023

I'll be there if you get a ramp for the step;)
with trepidation i will add your name froth...for those of you who do not know the story behind the step...there is a little step that leads from the back room to the front room..a few years back froth missed the step knocking my raffle tickets flying an me nearly out thinking about it now i think another member kelly was also involved in the fracas :D :D :Dwhich reminds me i need to get a book of raffle tickets

Last edited:
with trepidation i will add your name froth...for those of you who do not know the story behind the step...there is a little step that leads from the back room to the front room..a few years back froth missed the step knocking my raffle tickets flying an me nearly out thinking about it now i think another member kelly was also involved in the fracas :D :D :Dwhich reminds me i need to get a book of raffle tickets
Well I saved me beer

hi ian...it will be lovely to meet you and your wife gillian...hope to see you both soon..will add your names to the list:)

lyn

thats great derek another new face to meet and great...look forward to seeing you on the day

lyn

UPDATED LIST OF MEMBERS HOPING TO ATTEND...ALL DETAILS CAN BE FOUND ON POST 1

MIKEJEE and friend JOHN
NICK PHILLIPS
LADY PENELOPE AND GRAHAM
PJMBURNS (janice) AND POSS HUBBY PAUL
MYSELF AND GRANDSON JAMES
MORTURN
JANET HUNT
VICKI.1
LYNNE WEBB
COOKIE273UK
STRAWBERRY HUNTER (kat)
DAVID FOWLER
KEYHILL BRIAN
LIN777
COVROAD
FROTHBLOWER (chris)
MWS (mark
IAN BINNIE AND WIFE GILLIAN
SEANYB1986
STOKKIE
POSTIE (jim) AND WIFE HILARY
WELSHNWOBBLY
CBA (carolann)
ANNIE56

Last edited:
....hi folks....after a 3 year break from out regular meet ups we think its now time to put that right... :) i have been in touch with the bull pub who will be delighted to see us all again...once again we will be holding a raffle and all proceeds will go to our forum funds...donations of prizes are very welcome..think i have at least 3 books and i may bring an easter egg:D it will be so good to see old faces again and i know from previous posts that a few of our newer members have expressed a wish to come to the next meet up and meeting new members would be great so dont be shy...as usual i shall start a list of members hoping to attend because as we all know things can change on the day...the food at the bull is good old fashioned pub grub with vegetarian options..martha at the bull will be emailing me an up to date menu soon so i will post that as and when ...lets make it a good one folks as its been far too long...right then who is going to put their name down first:D:Dfriends and family are also welcome

DETAILS...VENUE..THE BULL PUB
NO 1 PRICE ST
POST CODE...B4 6JU
DATE..SATURDAY 8TH APRIL
TIME..MIDDAY
PARKING AVAILABLE ON THE METER AND THERE IS ALSO A CAR PARK NEXT TO THE BULL

MEMBERS HOPING TO ATTEND..

MIKEJEE and friend JOHN
NICK PHILLIPS
LADY PENELOPE AND GRAHAM
MORTURN
JANET HUNT
VICKI.1
LYNNE WEBB
COOKIE273UK
STRAWBERRY HUNTER (kat)
DAVID FOWLER
KEYHILL BRIAN
LIN777
COVROAD
FROTHBLOWER (chris)
MWS (mark
SEANYB1986
STOKKIE

happy to add the boss postie and his boss hilary to the list of hoping to attend...they will be travelling from wales so an early start for them...details of the meet up are on post 1..all members are most welcome including family and friends

lyn

Last edited:
hi folks BRINGING TO THE TOP....after a 3 year break from out regular meet ups we think its now time to put that right... :) i have been in touch with the bull pub who will be delighted to see us all again...once again we will be holding a raffle and all proceeds will go to our forum funds...donations of prizes are very welcome..think i have at least 3 books and i may bring an easter egg:D it will be so good to see old faces again and i know from previous posts that a few of our newer members have expressed a wish to come to the next meet up and meeting new members would be great so dont be shy...as usual i shall start a list of members hoping to attend because as we all know things can change on the day...the food at the bull is good old fashioned pub grub with vegetarian options..martha at the bull will be emailing me an up to date menu soon so i will post that as and when ...lets make it a good one folks as its been far too long...right then who is going to put their name down first:D:Dfriends and family are also welcome

NO 1 PRICE ST
POST CODE...B4 6JU
DATE..SATURDAY 8TH APRIL
TIME..MIDDAY

MIKEJEE and friend JOHN
NICK PHILLIPS
LADY PENELOPE AND GRAHAM
MORTURN
JANET HUNT
VICKI.1
LYNNE WEBB
COOKIE273UK
STRAWBERRY HUNTER (kat)
DAVID FOWLER
KEYHILL BRIAN
LIN777
COVROAD
FROTHBLOWER (chris)
MWS (mark
SEANYB1986
STOKKIE
POSTIE (JIM) AND WIFE HILARY
WELSHNWOBBLY
CBA (carolann)
ANNIE56

Last edited:
hi janet hen eggs are perfect for an easter raffle many thanks :)

lyn

Last edited:
many thanks to tinpot (brenda) who is posting me this wonderful commemorative token of the visit of the Prince and Princess of Wales 1874 that was found in her garden in the Ideal Village when she was a child. The houses were built in 1910..i would love to win this myself :) thanks again brenda its a smashing raffle prize and looking at the drilled hole at the top it had a chain on it

lyn x

token 2.jpegtoken.jpeg

I have the pdfs of the 3 pages devoted to the visit in th e Birmingha Post if anyone, (particularly anyone who wins the medal) would like them. Each page is too large to display on the forum in reasonably readable form , there being upload limits

many thanks to tinpot (brenda) who is posting me this wonderful commemorative token of the visit of the Prince and Princess of Wales 1874 that was found in her garden in the Ideal Village when she was a child. The houses were built in 1910..i would love to win this myself :) thanks again brenda its a smashing raffle prize and looking at the drilled hole at the top it had a chain on it

lyn x

View attachment 178447View attachment 178448
once again thanks to brenda...the token arrived safely today..i will try and find a little box to put it in as we dont want to lose it on the raffle prize table...:rolleyes:

hi folks BRINGING TO THE TOP....after a 3 year break from out regular meet ups we think its now time to put that right... :) i have been in touch with the bull pub who will be delighted to see us all again...once again we will be holding a raffle and all proceeds will go to our forum funds...donations of prizes are very welcome..think i have at least 3 books and i may bring an easter egg:D it will be so good to see old faces again and i know from previous posts that a few of our newer members have expressed a wish to come to the next meet up and meeting new members would be great so dont be shy...as usual i shall start a list of members hoping to attend because as we all know things can change on the day...the food at the bull is good old fashioned pub grub with vegetarian options..martha at the bull will be emailing me an up to date menu soon so i will post that as and when ...lets make it a good one folks as its been far too long...right then who is going to put their name down first:D:Dfriends and family are also welcome

NO 1 PRICE ST
POST CODE...B4 6JU
DATE..SATURDAY 8TH APRIL
TIME..MIDDAY

MIKEJEE and friend JOHN
NICK PHILLIPS
LADY PENELOPE AND GRAHAM
MORTURN
JANET HUNT
VICKI.1
LYNNE WEBB
COOKIE273UK
STRAWBERRY HUNTER (kat)
DAVID FOWLER
KEYHILL BRIAN
LIN777
COVROAD
FROTHBLOWER (chris)
MWS (mark
SEANYB1986
STOKKIE
POSTIE (JIM) AND WIFE HILARY
I took the train into Snow Hill today to check out the walk to The Bull. The route provided by the internet was not as clear and straightforward as it looked but I eventually found the pub. I popped in and had a look. Lovely old pub, I was told it is the 3rd oldest pub in Brum, but possibly now the 2nd if the Lad in the Lane in Erdington stays closed!
I was also told a much more straightforward route back to the station which enabled me to visit St Chad's RC Cathedral on the way back. I now intend to join you all at the meet up and would like to bring a signed Carl Chinn book for the raffle, if that is appropriate.
Looking forward to meeting you all
.Carolann

hi carolann sorry i missed your post...so pleased you have checked out the route and agree that the bull is a lovely old pub to visit...looking forward to meeting members that have not been to a meet up before and yes a signed book by carl would make a lovely raffle prize many thanks...see you soon:) will add your name to the list

lyn

Last edited:
  • Appreciate
Reactions: cba
hi folks..not long to go now:) really looking forward to seeing some old faces again and also looking at the list quite a few new ones:)..to our first timers i am quite sure you will be well looked after..i will do my best to meet and greet you all so that we know who you are and introduce you to other members...as usual any raffle prizes gratefully received..i have sorted out a couple of easter eggs..a book and one of our resident artist erics paintings of the old green man erdington...erics paintings are always in high demand so pleeeese no fighting over it:D:D:D i shall also bring the commenorative token that tinpot(brenda) has donated even though she cant make this meet...

its not too late to put your names down but if not just turn up on the day if you wish and i hope you all agree that the bull is a perfect location for people interested in the history of birmingham...hope to see as many of you as possible

lyn

hi folks..not long to go now:) really looking forward to seeing some old faces again and also looking at the list quite a few new ones:)..to our first timers i am quite sure you will be well looked after..i will do my best to meet and greet you all so that we know who you are and introduce you to other members...as usual any raffle prizes gratefully received..i have sorted out a couple of easter eggs..a book and one of our resident artist erics paintings of the old green man erdington...erics paintings are always in high demand so pleeeese no fighting over it:D:D:D i shall also bring the commenorative token that tinpot(brenda) has donated even though she cant make this meet...

its not too late to put your names down but if not just turn up on the day if you wish and i hope you all agree that the bull is a perfect location for people interested in the history of birmingham...hope to see as many of you as possible

lyn
in addition to the signed Carl Chinn book I would also like to donate a professionally framed display of historic postcards of Sutton Coldfield for the raffle. Is that acceptable?
Carolann

Last edited:
thats great annie look forward to seeing you and thanks for the raffle prize...at his rate we will be sitting on the roof :D

lyn

Back