• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Amy Bourne 1915, daughter of George Henry Bourne and Amy Snook

eddie marsh

knowlegable brummie
Hi,
I am looking for any info on my mother, born Amy Bourne. I know she grew up in Selly Oak, Reservoir road. She also worked in the Queen Elizabeth and Selly Oak hospitals as Amy Statham some time between 1943 and 1955. She left her first husband in 1948 ish, (George S Statham) to live with another man who subsequently died. She met my father around 1959 in Cannon Hill road. Any information on her and accociated places would be greatfully received.

Regards, Eddie Marsh

Mike,
thanks for that, does your info list anyone else living there at the same time? Either reservoir rd or Bristol rd.

In 1930 at 13 Reservoir Road there was

Charles Maria Cain
Barbara Ethel Cain
George Henry Bourne
Laura Bourne

Thanks Carolann,
I think George was my mother's brother and laura was his wife. My mother married her first husband in 1933 at the age of 18. I have no idea who Charles and barbera Cain were, but suspect they could be related to Laura.

George Henry Bourne married Laura G Watts in 1928.

I have Bourne in my Tree ,they originally came from Kidderminster.

Carolann,
thanks again, as my mother had possibly 8 brothers/sisters I would be very interested to see your tree. Is this possible? I am a member of genes reunited, if you are its quite easy to share trees.
I have some info from other members of the forum and with yours plan to re-subscribe to Ancestry.com to varify birth records and expand my family knowledge. As you probably know this is very time consuming so I plan to take some time off and really do some digging. Any up-front info would be very welcome.

Regards, Eddie

Back