• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Wyndley swimming pool.

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
This is Wyndley as most of you wouldn't have seen it before. Can't remember the exact year but it was some time ago. Jean.

Hi Jeaneeee what's it like now i thought it had been refurbished i ride past it now and then must stop and have a look its only 10 mins from me.
rob houghton

Hi Rob we go past a lot but have not been in since it re-opened. I get a bit home sick because I spent so many years on that poolside teaching children and I do miss it sometimes. Now and again I get a phone call asking me to cover a lesson but not any more. I like to look back with lots of fond memories and some sad ones. Jean.

Found these photo's out when Mr Blobby visited with Noel Edmonds. Children from local special needs schools were given rides in the helicopters. These schools also took part in our swimming programme.

A couple more. Didn't see much of Mr Blobby as he was propping up the bar and chatting up our lovely female lifeguards. The children had a thoroughly wonderful day and for those who could talk spoke about it for months when they came in for their swimming lesson.

Back