• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

WW2 NFS B division location

simon3030

knowlegable brummie
HI, I have posted in a thread about the Auxilary Fire Service here about my mum; I have since found photos of her time in the NFS, with B division. She died in 1977, so we have no family recollections of where she was based.
I have attached photos - the long pic has a note in her hand on the reverse - 'Lidbury - squiggle' - which could be person's name, as I can find no geographical reference for a Lidbury. The other office pic is entitled 'NFS B division HQ Staff April 1945', with some very pleased with themselves officers.
Does anyone have any info as to where B division was based please? I have struggled to find anything online. We're not sure whether our mum was in 'action' in the NFS, or worked in the admin/offices, but any info would be gratefully received. My sister also has some large portrait photos of mum in her NFS uniform, not sure whether these were official or were taken at the behest of her parents, who were a bit like that....
Thanks.

Attachments

• NFS B Division April 1945 HQ Staff Maisie Hayward.jpg
    NFS B Division April 1945 HQ Staff Maisie Hayward.jpg
    887 KB · Views: 4
  • NFS B Division April 1945 Maisie Hayward.jpg
    NFS B Division April 1945 Maisie Hayward.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 4
There is a reference to a Grand Gala and Fete for the NFS B Division at Allens’s Cross Sports Ground, Bell Hill, Northfield in August 1944.

Back