• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

woolworths

tonywassall

hi everyone,
does anyone remember woolworths in selly oay ? i worked there in 1973 and had some great times ! also i loved the music of the early 70's and memories come flooding back when i worked there ! does anyone else have memories of woolies and the music ?

I remember going into the Woolworths on the Bristol Road after going swimming, at Tiverton Road baths, with my sister Marilyn, we would then go to the frothy coffee bar, and spend some time looking in the leather jacket shop window before getting the bus bac k to Weoley Castle, from besides the 'Old' Oak Cinema, happy days.
paul

Funny how you always seem to remember these days as happy , sure there were bad ones too eh ! Forgot about picture house though .i used it a lot, also the plough and harrow pub opposite (think that was the name ) .

Back