• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

What school

dl012k8384

Brummie babby
Hi can anyone help please.

My Granddad John Goddard was born 1921 and am told that he lived in Blews street, Birmingham.
Any ideas what possible schools he may have gone to and would there still be records of this?

Thank you
Dean

Hi Dean,your granddad would almost certainly gone to Elkington St school,having lived in Blews street.
There used to be a picture on the forum, showing a classroom full of pupils from around the period you are talking about,But it seems to have gone missing when the forum was hacked.Maybe someone has saved it and could re post it for you. Moss

Hi Dean & agree with Mossg that Elkington Infant/Junior would be most probable School
as Blews Street was placed just off Newtown Row & led to Pritchett Street (Elkington catchment)

Senior School at 11 year old may have been Summer Lane School a short walk up Brearley Street,

Back