• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Wesleyan Chapel High Street West Bromwich.

W

Wendy

I know its a little out of Brum but, I have been searching for a long time for a picture of the Chapel where my grandparents married. The problem I had is I knew it was a Wesleyan Chapel but there are a few around West Brom area. I checked the marriage cert again and in the middle it mentioned High Street. This gave me somewhere to look. I couldn't find anything on the net so gave up. I was thrilled to find a picture at the History Fair on Sunday. I thought I would post it to share it was demolished in 1972.

Central_Wesleyan_Chapel2C_High_Street2C_West_Bromwich_.jpg

Lovely building Wendy, what a shame it was demolished in the seventies. I can imagine how thrilled you were to find the picture at the History fair - well done!

Wendy, I am not sure but I don't think you can view it on-line - I think it is just telling you what is available to view at Sandwell archives at Smethwick Library.

Yes Wendy, Pollypops is right. I was putting this on in case you cared to follow it up with them.

Back