• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

TREVOR FRANCIS FOOTBALLER

RIP Trever

revor Francis holds the European Cup with the goalkeeper Peter Shilton after scoring the winner for Nottingham Forest against Malmö in May 1979.
1690209549903.png
Photograph: Getty Images

Birmingham City​

On 30 October 1976, he scored one of Birmingham's most famous goals, when he turned away from the touchline and cut inside two Queens Park Rangers defenders, constantly being forced backwards, before suddenly unleashing a 25-yard shot which caught the goalkeeper off guard.

Back in the late 70's I worked for a firm of Accountants of whom Trevor Francis was a client.
Brian Little the Villa player was also a client and he came in to the office one day, coincidentally at the same time as Trevor and they were both sitting in Reception - the staff all had a good laugh about that!

What a terrific memento you have of Trevor Francis, such a great player at St Andrews...
I can remember TF scoring 3 goals on a night game , me and my mates were drinking in the Alhambra (beer) Trevor came in and had a coke as the whole of Birmingham new he was 16 same age as we were at the time

Trevor Francis was born in Plymouth- a true Devonian. But he became famous, as Brummies, will know by playing for 'The Blues'.
He had a great career and of course played for England.

Back