• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Tracing relatives of Florence Parsons (Nee James)

E

emmachisit

Florence James was married to my uncle Bernard Parsons. Both are now deceased.

Florence used to live in Mountford St, Sparkhill in the 1950's. Some of her relatives lived in Heybarnes Rd, Small Heath around the same time.

I have a photo album which was amongst their effects when I settled my uncle's affairs.

The photo album contains some old family photos which would be of interest to any family member who is perhaps tracing their family tree.
Please contact me initially on this site and I will arrange for their collection.

Just wondered if you had any response to your Parsons enquiry?
I'm just beginning my research on my Parson line at the moment I just have Henry b 1838 then his off spring John Alice Ellen Edward Martha Sarah Parsons.
Next generation born between 1910 &1920 includes a Florence born 1912. along with Betty Thomas Matilda Laura Maud Edward Samuel Henry.
No idea as yet where they were born although henry 1838 came from Dudley.
I possibly have a photo of Edward Parsons which might help to identify him if there are any unnamed photo's.
Look forward to your response.
Joy

Luckyjo,
Thanks for that. In my research I've found that there are an awful lot of Parsons. But none of those that you mention ties in with anything of mine.
I have not received any enquiries re: Florence James, who is really the lady I am interested in tracing in order to pass on her photos to her family.
It could be, of course, that her family has no PC interest in tracing family. However, I will hang onto them...just in case.
emmachisit.

I dont know if there is any connection at this stage but this is a photo of the Parsons family at 97 Montgomery St Sparkbrook. Percy Parsons Married Lily kemp and moved into No 99

Dakemp, Thank you for the photo. It seems that it was taken some time in 1914-18.The time of the first World War.
             I have rechecked my Family Tree, but could find no trace of a Percy Parsons - so at this stage, I have to say
             that in all probabilities, there is no connection. However, the search is an on-going exercise and I have taken
             note for the future.
             I'm still looking for relatives of Florence Parsons (nee James) but only on the JAMES side - see above.

emmachisit

What's in a name? - Nearly but not quite fits.
My interest goes back to the James family in 1839 in Northamptonshire. The line moved via Wednesbury to Birmingham over the years and close coincidence is that I have the following:

Ada Daisy James born 1894 married a Ernest George Parsons born 1896 on 28th May, 1917 at St. Marks, Birmingham.

These I may add, are not my direct line but of an interesting off shoot of it.
As I say close but not that close

Thanks for your input A.W.    I am back to 1773 on my Family Tree, so far, but no mention yet of a Ernest George Parsons. My paternal line starts in Halesowen and the family names are all Bible based - but as Ernie is a Brummie, I'll add him to my possibles list.

I am attaching one of the album photos (as mentioned above). Florence Parsons - nee James, is the fifth lady from the left. It seems that it was a Ladies Day Trip to Ascot judging by the hats.

Perhaps it might jog someone's memory.

Emma - Let me try again with another line of the Parsons this time originating in Kidderminster area.

Joseph P married a lady named Mary ? (No dates)
They had  Thomas born 1741 in Upton Warren, Worcestershire.
He married a Elizabeth Bowen 2.7.1764 in Kidderminster.
They had eight children including a Elizabeth P born 26.10.1771.  She married into the Sweetman family and eventually that line married into my line.
Other P. siblings: Mary 1764 - Thomas. 1767 - Esther 1774 -William 1778 -Sarah 1780 -Samuel 1782 and Ancell 1784
Not quite Halesowen I know but who knows?

Not that it should be of any other interest to you but I have yet a third line of Parsons who came from Hull to Kidderminster in the 1830's and married into a line called Grayland leading to my wife's forebears

A W.
Thanks for the information. But again - no hits. I've noted the forenames and dates for reference.
Hopefully, my Tree will be published on the 'net within a few days so will be available to interested parties.
I will be posting the url here, if its OK with the moderators.

Back