• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tommy Jukes or Jewkes

Del-boy

proper brummie kid
I am trying to trace anyone who remembers the above person who lived in the Birmingham area in the 1950's and 1960's. My understanding is that he was possibly in the jewellery trade and possibly had a market stall from which he plied his trade. He was a friend of my uncle, Victor George Parker who ran a business in the jewellery quarter (Vyse Street) of Birmingham with a Fred Parker known as V & F Parker. I would very much like to contact any of Tommy Jukes (possibly spelt Jewkes) family on behalf of my Cousin in Australia in the hope that someone in his family may know more about her father and his family. Possibly a forlorn enquiry but you never know if you don't ask....

Last edited:
A bit difficult with just a name. Any ideas if he was actually born in Birmingham? Perhaps you might want to give us some details of your friend's family, as you say she is hoping to find out more. Someone might be able to help if you could give us a few details i.e. where and roughly when born, grandparents, any names dates would be helpful.

Could his name be spelled Dukes? It is easy to make assumptions if you have only heard a name and not seen the written version. As Sue said the more information you can supply the better we can try to help.

Could his name be spelled Dukes? It is easy to make assumptions if you have only heard a name and not seen the written version. As Sue said the more information you can supply the better we can try to help.
My father would assume the spelling of a name, one that I recall was chune for TUNE. Might seem funny know but this was 70 years ago, he was born in 1905.

My father would assume the spelling of a name, one that I recall was chune for TUNE. Might seem funny know but this was 70 years ago, he was born in 1905.
I was at school with a Dukes, he went into his family's building firm. There's a William Jukes on here as a member. All the males of my wife's family are called Henry, except only officially - they are called by their second name.

Back