• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Tideswell Road /Thornbridge Avenue - Great Barr

changinman1

master brummie
Hello good people , my nan used to live in this road (Tideswell rd) and bought the house from new and lived there until her passing in 1990 , I spent so much of my childhood staying with her , just wondering if anyone has any photos of the road from years gone by. tia

Hello good people , my nan used to live in this road (Tideswell rd) and bought the house from new and lived there until her passing in 1990 , I spent so much of my childhood staying with her , just wondering if anyone has any photos of the road from years gone by. tia
my uncle and auntie lived in Tideswell road in the 1950-60s ... Harry and Irene Brooks. i'll see if I have photos of the road

I lived at 99 Tideswell Road from birth in 1946 until about 1965 when my parents Phyllis and Harold Ricketts moved to Bewdley. I went to school first at Perry Beeches and from 1958 after the 11+ until 1965 at George Dixon Grammar School. I read on other parts of the Forum and was reminded about some of the GD teachers including Mr Rumsby the Head, and his awful Deputy who liked to pull the hair at the side of one’s hair (very painful).

I omitted my name which is Carl Ricketts, and I was in the A classes throughout my time at GD. I am afraid I have a poor memory for names, but do remember Michael Nowakoski as a fellow pupil and friend.

Her name was Evelyn Pursall

I lived at 99 Tideswell Road from birth in 1946 until about 1965 when my parents Phyllis and Harold Ricketts moved to Bewdley. I went to school first at Perry Beeches and from 1958 after the 11+ until 1965 at George Dixon Grammar School. I read on other parts of the Forum and was reminded about some of the GD teachers including Mr Rumsby the Head, and his awful Deputy who liked to pull the hair at the side of one’s hair (very painful).
Hello Carl! Roy Dean here!

Not a photo, but a nice letter your nan wrote to the Evening Mail
Screenshot_20240131_084509_Chrome.jpg
Source : British Newspaper Archive

Back