• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Towers Chiildrens Home

Misty0n

Brummie babby
Hi..please does anyone have any information about the home that was at: 3 Sandwell Road, Handsworth..it was a home that took young children in if they had no where to live..I think it was a pilot scheme?
I think it was on the corner of Holyhead Road & Sandwell Road ( it used to be a Doctors Surgery).

Thanks

there was two homes in brum i seem to recall
one was on moseley rd by the car auctions and there was one in kings norton
it was by a little pub called the pheastant the home was called forhill house
does any body know any think about it or is it still being used or any body owns this property or the pub in fact as i have noticed a woodlands burial site close by
best wishes astonian ;;;;

Back