• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Pavillions.

My wife and I worked at M&S in High Street, and were there when the Co-op was demolished for the Pavilions to be built.

There was access directly from the Pavilions into the second floor of M&S.

Somewhere, I have photographs, taken from the roof of M&S, of the Co-op being demolished, and the collapse of the builders crane.

Steve.

1_Pavilions-gutted.jpg
August 14, 2005: View from the top floor of Waterstones exit overlooking The Pavilions during its major redevelopment. The whole floor area was redesigned and a lift removed to open it out. Less than 11 years later, the centre was closed (Image: Graham Young / BirminghamLive)

1_Pavilions-gutted.jpg
August 14, 2005: View from the top floor of Waterstones exit overlooking The Pavilions during its major redevelopment. The whole floor area was redesigned and a lift removed to open it out. Less than 11 years later, the centre was closed (Image: Graham Young / BirminghamLive)
What was the reason for closure?

Back