• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Thomas Church Garretts Green

Sian

master brummie
Hello

I have searched through the forum before posting a new thread ~ my query was to ask if anyone knew of a St Thomas Church other than the one in Bath Row. I found one on the forum in Balsall Heath and I think that may be the one I;m looking for. There was an attached thumbnail of a photograph of it but I cant get it to open. Can anyone help please. Also I would love to see a photograph of Yardley Parish Church if at all possible.

Many thanks
Sian

Sian

A photo of St Thomas in Cox St West Balsall Heath and St Edburghas Yardley Parish Church and also for good luck St Thomas Bath Row. The St Thomas on Garretts Green Lane opened in 1969.

Phil

BalsallHeathStThomass.jpg
StEdburghasYardley.jpg
CityBathRowStThomas2.jpg

No it was way before 1969, I left the area in 1968 and sadly my dearest friend had had a funeral service in 1966. I'm pretty sure it was opened around 61-62

Hi Phill,
sorry to be pedantic here, but I lived as a youth 100 yards from the church in Markfiueld Road.. I just ggogled the church and thy are celebraring the 50th aniversary of the church in 2011. So it would date back as I thought to around 1961 www.st-toms.com

Regards
Geoff

Hi Phill,
sorry to be pedantic here, but I lived as a youth 100 yards from the church in Markfiueld Road.. I just ggogled the church and thy are celebraring the 50th aniversary of the church in 2011. So it would date back as I thought to around 1961 www.st-toms.com

Regards
Geoff
I also lived in Markfield road in the 50s, 60s and early 70s and remember the church being built

hi tony, which house did you live in i lived at number 3 the only tony i can recall was tony harris, would that be you?

Back