• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Springfield House

steve

proper brummie kid
good morning all just got up to go to the lav wide awake (0405am) just thinking about a home i was in years ago would any one now were i could get some photos from i now its still there but i bet its had some changes over the years it was Springfield House
Kenilworth Road
Knowle West Midlands B93 0AJ
any info or help would be great thanks steve (back to bed)

Last year walking from The Boat at Catherine de Barnes along the canal to Knowle I walked through the town to take a look at Templars Hall and passed Springfield House quite a large complex but did not take much interest in as I passed..here it is on an old map

thanks cromwell

thanks cromwell i may pop up and have a look as im not to far away
cheers :)

sprigfield house

Hi

Originally Springfield Hall. Now Springfield House.
It is an Education Centre now. A friend of Brendas
taught there some years ago.
I think it was for special needs children.
Have attatched an yearly post card.

Mike Jenks

Hi

Well crawled around Ancestory for hours Phew.
Located residents from 1861 to 1901.
A bit disapppointing in a way no treasures
unearthed on this search.
Had difficulty locating Springfield Hall in
the 1841 and 1851 census.
Original references to Fishers in the 18th Century
See what turns up.
Have attached working sheet.

Mike Jenks

Knowle Hall

Hi

On Friday I noticed the sale notice of Knowle Hall.
Never noticed this place its up from the road just
past knowle Locks.
Decided to do a brief History of the site showing its past
and the folks who have come and gone.

Mike Jenks

Mike that was facinating such lovely pictures as well, I love Knowle so much countryside. Thank you for posting I did enjoy your article.

Back