• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Some Sunny Day Dame Vera Lynn

Bernard67Arnold

master brummie
Hello there, there a new autobiography out today that will undoubtedly
interest many, many members of this forum, at 92 and still going strong
Dame Vera has been one of my favourite singers for many years, and I used to love to her at the Royal Albert Hall singing away to the Burma Star
vets, how they all loved her! I had to be reminded, by the reviewer that she was the first British artist to top the American charts with Auf Wiedersehn Sweetheart.She is very proud of her of her ex service chartity
and has raised many thousands of pounds over the years, Keep smiling
Vera and you be with us for many years to come! Bernard67 Arnold:cool:

Hi Bernard I still have a few of Vera Lynns records upstairs. Must sort them out and find out which ones. Jean.

Hi Jean, hope you have enjoyed your holiday, we seem to have a shared taste in music, there is no need to get out old records nowadays, I have a
number of CDs and tapes of Vera, I had one tape my brother in law gave me, its Vera singing with the British Army choir, its great I will have to find it. I picked up, no not abird, some bad germs in the Council House,
I have not felt so ill for ages,I really thought I was heading for that Great
Sorting Office in the sky. Paul is off next week, we are off to Shropshire on
Wenesday for the day, bye Bernard:cool:

Dame Vera in live interviews on BBC Radio 4's "Saturday Live" programme (22 August) and the PM news programme, yesterday August 31st.

Depending if forumers have the right gadgets, you should be able to access these transmissions.:)

Hello again, anyone see Vera on the news tonight, top of the pops at 92, good old Vera, make em have it gal, this youngsters could learn a thing or
two from you, all the Best Love you Forever Bernard :cool:

heres a link to youtube.vera lynn.wonderful songs which we need today to think of our brave soldiers serving around the world.god bless them all.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzlFaY0s_QI&feature=related"]YouTube - Vera Lynn - When The Lights Go On Again.[/ame]

Back