• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Site crash 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Administrator
huge crash and we lost everything, luckily i had a backup so ive spent the last 24 hours restoring the site, there may be a few bugs so if you find some let us know
we are pretty much back to where the site was before the crash.

this was an ongoing thing from the crash in the week, i thought id sorted it but id only put a plaster on it and it failed, I don't know what the cause was but fingers crossed all should be fine now.

Last edited by a moderator:
im aware there is a new user registration problem and profile setting problem, ive got a ticket in with vbulletin to help me fix these

APPRECIATION.
Sounds like a shock ride over the last few days but your time, effort and skills ( particularly over the bank holiday period ) are appreciated. Well done.

Many, many thanks from me Warren. And for giving up your valuable time to this too. This Forum probably wouldn't exist if it weren't for you. Now you can take time out to tuck into all those Easter eggs. Viv.

Many thanks for all concerned, much appreciated. I felt like my hand had been cut off for a few hours.

Me too Carolina. Had to do other things instead of gawping at this site! Mind you got a lot of other things done. Viv.

Thanks, Warren, my login went effortlessly and automatically, so hopefully it's well OK now.

Maurice

Still having a problem logging in via Tapatalk HD. It's coming up "Tapatalk Plugin not enabled in your forum " Sorry to be a pain. Viv.

Had to kill tapatalk there are theories it's responsible for the crashes a few sites have had it and I'm trying to minimise it happening again.

Thanks Warren for all your hard work. Only thing that I'm having a problem with is that if I click on the "more activity" button at the bottom of the page it doesn't seem to exhibit earlier posts. At the moment I'm only seeing posts that are up to 7 hours old. Dave.

Thanks Warren for all your hard work. Only thing that I'm having a problem with is that if I click on the "more activity" button at the bottom of the page it doesn't seem to exhibit earlier posts. At the moment I'm only seeing posts that are up to 7 hours old. Dave.

That's about right I had to rebuild the activity stream so it will take time to start working properly

I notice that the ads seem to be showing in member's posts unless this was intentional. Uploading this image as an attachment was not possible.
Img_0598.jpg

ads in first post on each thread only,

it's taken google a few days to activate it as the forum was offline, nothing i do is unintentional,

however that's the last of them now.

thanks for telling me ill sleep much better now, glad you appreciate the hard work ive put in this easter break.:barbershop_quartet_

Last edited by a moderator:
ads in first post on each thread only,

it's taken google a few days to activate it as the forum was offline, nothing i do is unintentional,

however that's the last of them now.

thanks warren but...

i am seeing the ads on first post of every page not thread...

still cant access forum via IE (son will look into that)

private message system not working as it was...when we started typing in recipients name a drop down box appeared with the names of members and we just clicked on the name which entered it into the recipient box...that no longer happens

thought it worth a mention

lyn.

Last edited:
thanks for telling me ill sleep much better now, glad you appreciate the hard work ive put in this easter break.:barbershop_quartet_
I do appreciate your hard work and expertise and the advert banners at the top and bottom of the screen were unobtrusive, but the ads in the posts seem fairly obtrusive on the smaller screens of the phones and tablets which we 'oldies' often use. :untroubled:

Thanks for all your selfless hard work in getting our site back to normal Warren. And at such a busy time of year too. Hope you find time to sit back and relax a little now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back