• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Shenley Green Youth Centre

Neil Bishop

Hi

i remember joining SGYC on the first day it opened, member no 7, wasnt long till numbers shot past 1000.
the first leader ar Shenley was Laurie Williams, any assisted by wife Margaret. Anyone remember Screaming Lord Sutch at halloween? I ended up doing some strobe for him on stage. Another great band - Slade, great night that one.
Bring back Shenley, I say. The kids of today need and deserve what we experienced - their own meeting place, a chance to experience real music, plus so many activities, all with dedicated professional and volunteer support.

Hi

i remember joining SGYC on the first day it opened, member no 7, wasnt long till numbers shot past 1000.
the first leader ar Shenley was Laurie Williams, any assisted by wife Margaret. Anyone remember Screaming Lord Sutch at halloween? I ended up doing some strobe for him on stage. Another great band - Slade, great night that one.
Bring back Shenley, I say. The kids of today need and deserve what we experienced - their own meeting place, a chance to experience real music, plus so many activities, all with dedicated professional and volunteer support.
I remember when Slade turned up. They had a skinhead image but the music was quite lyrical. It's a long time ago but I seem to remember one of the band (Jimmy Lea) playing the violin. I have some good and bad memories of the place.

Back