• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

save birmingham

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
just read this in which they are asking for volunteers and donations..not sure what the donations are about but i think its maybe a case of too little to late...the second link takes you to the sign up site if anyone is interested...i personally wont be bothering as i have done my campaigning over the years and all to no avail

just read this in which they are asking for volunteers and donations..not sure what the donations are about but i think its maybe a case of too little to late...the second link takes you to the sign up site if anyone is interested...i personally wont be bothering as i have done my campaigning over the years and all to no avail

If Birmingham is truly going to be saved and NOT more taxes, the players ALL need to be changed or the results will be the same!

We are nominating our playing field - not sure it is exactly the same scheme but aimed at stopping the sale of green spaces.
Not entirely sure how it works but the Friends of the Fields were advised to apply.

In 2018…”Birmingham's NEC Group has been sold for about £800m, just three years after the city council sold it for £307m.”

Is there any hope they will do better ?
I wonder if any councillors, or officers of the council, are directors of the entity that just sold it? Not suggesting any of them are, of course..... But 260% is a nice profit in just three years. Meanwhile the BCC goes bankrupt because it fails to comply with the Equal Pay Act 1970.... Remember it all when the next round of local elections happens (2025).

I wonder if any councillors, or officers of the council, are directors of the entity that just sold it? Not suggesting any of them are, of course..... But 260% is a nice profit in just three years. Meanwhile the BCC goes bankrupt because it fails to comply with the Equal Pay Act 1970.... Remember it all when the next round of local elections happens (2025).
Lloyd, certainly if any are officers/directors they should declare themselves.
50 plus years is more than enough time to comply with the Equal Pay Act!
And yes I hope that the voters remember, but somehow they never do at least where I live!

Back