• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Robin Hood Society

debbieironmonger

master brummie
Been browsing through old newspapers and found an article in which my ancestor appears to have been in rent arrears at 2 bk of 13 Fox Street and 3 Fox Street, Bailiffs (Rabnett & Co.) were called in on behalf of the morgagees of both properties - The Robin Hood Society. I would love to know if they were the 'social housing' of the day. Does anyone have any information about them?

There seem to hav ebeen several Robin Hood Societies around the country, most just involved in events concerning Robin Hood, but in this case I would think it was the one involved in the court case below in 1901, whose purpose is described in the article

Birm post.2.5.1901.jpg

There are a few references to the Robin Hood Society for Rent arrears. Mortgages in possession of the Robin Hood Society. They employed
Radnett and Co, Estate Agents as rent collectors and bailiffs.

IMG_6550.jpeg

Been browsing through old newspapers and found an article in which my ancestor appears to have been in rent arrears at 2 bk of 13 Fox Street and 3 Fox Street, Bailiffs (Rabnett & Co.) were called in on behalf of the morgagees of both properties - The Robin Hood Society. I would love to know if they were the 'social housing' of the day. Does anyone have any information about them?

I have attached the link I think to the aerials x

There are a few references to the Robin Hood Society for Rent arrears. Mortgages in possession of the Robin Hood Society. They employed
Radnett and Co, Estate Agents as rent collectors and bailiffs.

View attachment 189567
Yes that’s the article I was referring to

pedrocut has posted it below xx

Back