• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Richard Davies, Shoe Maker, Heath Road, Harborne, Staffordshire 1861

austinseven

proper brummie kid
I am trying to find out if there is a Directory entry for Richard Davies shoe maker living on Heath Road Harborne in 1861. Later Heath Road was renamed High St. I know that he was still in Harborne at his death in 1898 (possibly at the same address). Any help you can provide will help to unravel family mysteries.

The earliest I can find in what I have access to is in the 1862 Birmingham Corporation directory, where he is listed as Richard Davis, Heath road, Harborne, shoemaker

Here are the two pages from the names section and the Street section. The directory is on DVD as pdf file

1862_Birmingham_corporation_directory__Richard_Davies.jpg

1862_Birmingham_corporation_directory__Heath_Rd.jpg

Thank you very much. I only started this family history thing a couple of years ago, have found out a heck of a lot from the Census & other official records but now am getting to the stage where I want to put meat on the bare facts and of course that means I need access to the rare or hard to find Directories. So I do really appreciate your help.

Back