• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Research for a Musical based on ELOs music

teafire

Hello!

I am currently writing a musical based on the music of Electric Light Orchestra that I’m hoping to put up in an amateur theatre organisation in Stockholm next spring. It will take place in Birmingham in the 70s and I, knowing nothing about the city and it’s history, am in need of some help. I wonder if there's anyone here who lived in the 70s, or know someone who did, who would like getting interviewed about it? I’m mostly curious about Birmingham’s LGBTQ-life/the situation for immigrants at the time but anything is welcome. Where did people work, what did people talk about, what events were happening around the time? Also, if you don’t want to be interviewed but have any tips or photos to share it would be much appreciated. If you’re interested, please write in the comments below or send me a DM.

Take care!

Back