• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Prison Sentence Reports And Records

I am so plesed I found this posting,
I too like many, would love to see the old papers.
I have just applied for my ticket online with no problem or proof of who I am, although I have been to the 6th floor before so they may have me on record, what do you think ?
Will see what comes through.
Thanks everyone for the fantastic information.

There should not be a problem with you getting your library ticket in due course. The only B'ham newspaper online seems to be the B'ham post...I still need to visit B'ham library to view the B'ham Mail on film.
Regards,
Margaret.

hi sparkhill lad...i didnt know that you could apply online for a ticket online:) anyone can visiit the 6th floor and look at things like the electoral rolls and kelly directories etc but to actually go into the archives section you will need a CARN card and for this proof of idendity is required ie driving licence or passport..utility bill...when i applied for a carn card i was most unhappy about it as i have neither a passport or driving licence (not everybody in the world has) and i told them this saying so you are telling me that because i have no photographic evidence of who i am i can never use the archive dept????...anyhow the person dealing with me said she would get in touch with the higher ups and try to sort something out as this had been a problem for a few people...i was given a temporary pass and told to come back the next week which i did and was issued with a full pass card...so wether they have relaxed the rule of having photographic id i dont know...

lyn:)

Last edited:
Could someone update members on whether they can still apply for an online library ticket please? At the Library of Birmingham? It seems to have proved useful to several members on this thread. Thanks. Viv.

Back