• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pretty

hi webringers

have researched pretty/priddy line

there are links to alvechurch/bradley and stock/feckenham area

1800onwards

regards

worcester
Hi Folks,

Only just found the thread. I, too, have researched the PRETTYs. I have about 120 of them. Violet Joan PRETTY was my 8th cousin once removed.

Cheers

8th cousin is a good distance genealogically speaking, some lengthy research no doubt.

Miss Pretty taught at Bearwood infants and junior school in Smethwick for many years in 1950s-1960s. She was a wonderful teacher. Sadly I never knew her first name.

Whilst chatting to Mom she recalled that Violet Pretty(Ann Heywood) may have lived in Pitmaston Road Hall Green or did she attend Pitmaston School?
My mom attended Pitmaston School just before WW2 and I can recall her mentioning Violet Pretty who went on to become Ann Heywood. Whether she was a schoolfriend or someone who attended the school I don't really know.

Back