• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Police, illegal parking

Frothblower

Lubrication In Moderation
I just had to show you this. "Police bad parking".
My neighbour was blocked in for over an hour because of this stupid parking.I had to phone Queens road cop shop to get him shifted:redface:

They are a law unto themselves:cool:..........Cat...:) who said that. i didn't

Postie

How could you Postie:rolleyes: i thought you more a gentleman than Alf i now know different.....................Cat:)

No doubt the offending body whom the officer was attending was a male

If you want to see illegal parking, drive along The Small Heath By Pass on prayer day. You will see lots of cars parked on the traffic island and the Police allow it.

Don't put those upsetting photos on so early in the morning David:D

The parking wardens should go along Herbert Rd, Small Heath they would make a fortune!, cars are being repaired as a business while parked on double yellow lines, dare i say that it would upset our citizens from distant shores?.

My neighbour was blocked in for over an hour because of this stupid parking.I had to phone Queens road cop shop to get him shifted:redface:

Just a thought, wouldn't it have been easier to ask at the houses close by,?

Frothblower

I hope you don't mind if I post your photo on another forum on a thread that mentions a similar topic.

Phil

I don't know whether you have the same problem in the UK. But here in Canada when people park in places desigated for the disabled is inexcusable - police should crack down . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Beryl, we do have the same problem here. I am very grateful for my blue badge which is what we call the document given for disabled parking. I go to an old persons keep fit class on Tuesday mornings, they are held at a leisure centre that also has a golf course. Would you believe that some of the golfers park in the disabled bays. Supermarkets are also very bad for enforcing the rules. We also have a very strong black market in blue badges because the exempt the driver from the London congestion charge. I believe the cost of a dodgy one is £2.500. I am glad we park for free but the important thing is to park near the doorway, so I would not cry if we had to pay as long as I could park o/k.

My neighbour was blocked in ... I had to phone Queens road cop shop

Have you never heard …

We are aware of the problem. Should we be able to identify the police officer responsible for the vehicle then disciplinary action may be taken. However we will be holding discussions with our crime reduction partners on how these incidents can be avoided in the future. But would point out that the report of this incident was earlier this year & therefore out-of-date as things have improved since then.

Anyway Frothblower – how was it you weren’t arrested?

Interfering with a police-officer going about his unlawful business? … or … pointing a camera at a policeman with the intention of causing harassment or distress? … or …

I note with interest the comments about illegal parking, if you look in the inner city districts then you see illegal parking inc double parking, blocked drives etc, the worst being double parking outside schools and the police do not take the appropriate action, the offenders in this case are indeed the local residents who are predominantly of foreign origins. There needs to be a zero tolerence policy to eradicate this problem

Thats one sure way your neighbours car won't get stolen. LoL
Crime Prevention.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back