• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Parrish/Parish families

peggy72

proper brummie kid
Hi All,
I am tracing The Parrish Family Tree (my paternal side).
My great Grandfather, John William Parrish was born in 1898, the illegitimate son and only child of Annie Maria Parrish, at 6 Jubilee Buildings, Windsor Street, Aston, Birmingham.
In 1911 Annie and her son were living in the home of John J Howard at 3 court 4 house, Adams Street, Aston. Annie and John Howard later went on to marry in 1917.
In 1901, Annie and John William were living with Annies’ parents, William born 1845, and Caroline (Norwood) at 6 back of 203 Windsor Street, Aston . Whilst William And Caroline were born in Brierley Hill, They married at ST Peters in 1868 and all their children were born in Birmingham. Mary Ann, Thomas, Elizabeth, Harriet and Emily. In 1891 they were all living at 48 Adams Street, Aston.
Williams’ father Thomas Parish was born 1818 in Brierley Hill and married Williams’ mother Ann Salt in Brockmoor Staffordshire in 1840, after Anns death he married Mary Kilby in 1849 and by 1871 the family were living in Lister Street, Aston.
This is where my tree falters I’m afraid. I know that Thomas’ parents were James and Elizabeth . I know that James died in Kingswinford, Staffordshire in 1843 at the age of 75 and Elizabeth died in 1867 aged 81, also in Kingswinford. I can find no marriage details of James and Elizabeth, and am stuck!!

The small amount of family I have left living is few and those that survive have very little family knowledge.
Obviously I have more information regarding children and siblings than this, but I just wanted to provide a brief outline in case anyone has any further knowledge.
If anyone could provide me with any information or has any connection to or memories of the Parrish family, it would mean so much. Or indeed if I can help anyone else, I'd be happy too.

Hi Peggy72
I do have a Parish in my family tree; Samuel Parish b.1794 married Emma b.1796 Birmingham

children are Jane b.1823 d.1882 married Aaron Jennnens Davenport 1844 Yardley.(my connection)
Samuel,Emma,Thomas,Joseph.

I am also in contact with a direct member of this family,if you think you have a connection let me have your email address (send private) and i will forward details.
Regards

Hi Davenport,
Thanks for the reply.
I'm not sure if theres a connection here...The oldest rellie I have is James born circa 1768 and I know absolutely nothing about him other than when he crops up with his children on census and then their births, earliest Jane 1809, prior to that he is pretty elusive:upset:
I'm not even sure where he was born as they lived in Staffordshire and Shropshire. It was mainly his grandchildren that emigrated to Birmingham.
I cant even find his marriage to Elizabeth.
If you can make any connections I would be thrilled!
Thanks and Regards

I am also of Parrish descent my grandfather was John William Parrish My father his eldest son was William Owen Parrish would love to hear more or pics thanks

Which part of tree do you belong coz it seems your grandad must be my dads brother he had 2 jack and ronnie

Don't know what's wrong but not receiving message

cassie click on forum actions at the top of the page then scroll down and click on general settings..scroll down and make sure you have ticked to receive private messages

lyn

Back