• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Parker

Sorry, i was refering to the marriage, Lloyd managed to get another post in before me whilst i was writing LOL.

As he says, i recommend you get the marriage cert for all the useful info on there, we are getting to the point of using the Census so we want to make sure we start on the right family

bren

I looked through the death register, 1939/40/41, and could only find this one --

Catherine Parker 41yrs 1st qtr 1940 Birmingham 6d 623

bren

Hi Bren,

I don't think that is her because she was 39/40 when she died and lived in Wolverhampton. Most of my relatives from there did, I think, and still do, live/d in the Bushbury/Lower Hill/Scotlands area.

Thank you anyway. :)

Ok Frank, i will have another look but it won't be those years because there was nothing even close, district or age, found what i think is --

William Parker 59yrs 1st qtr 1959 Wolverhampton 9b 1243

Catherine's parents, you say her mothers name is Ives, Lloyd gave you her birth details, i think you need to send for that as i can't find a marriage for Thomas Percival/Florence Ives and i looked from 1905 back to 1885 but i found one for Thomas P/Florence Clamp in Dec 1902 and that seems right for her birth

bren

Found it, just added 40 to that birth reg Lloyd gave you --

Catherine Parker 40yrs 2nd qtr 1944 Wolverhampton 6b 460

bren

Mmmmm, I will check again on the info given to me by my Dad's Cousin who lives in Canada regarding Florence Ives. I know she remarried after to Sam Wilkes because I think Thomas died.

Thanks for finding my Nan's details. I never knew her so the more I find out the more I feel closer. Cheers Bren. :)

Oh regarding William, would he be born in 1900 or would it be 1899?

William Parker 59yrs 1st qtr 1959 Wolverhampton 9b 1243

I have found this on Free BMD and I think it is right (I hope so, I want to look like I slightly know what I am doing! LOL):

[SIZE=+1]Births Mar 1900[/SIZE] Parker William Wolverhampton 6b 699 :)

You are certainly on the right track, as I have posted above, there are births in 1899, 1900 and 1901 any of which could be your man (unless you accurately know his birthdate). If you get a copy of the marriage certificate, (see references in post #57) That should have his father's name on. Compare that to the fathers on the 3 births, and one should match! I think the Wolverhampton registry office will help and sort out which of 3 options is the birth certificate you need, based on father's name and / or birthdate.

Hi Frank

Oliver Allcott born 1940, i searched up to the end of 1980 and didn't find a marriage for him, i wonder if they changed his name to Allen

bren

Hi Bren, I think I mentioned this before? :rolleyes:

I thought this may be the case myself? Unfortunately Mom does not know the answer to this one? :)

Last edited:
Back