• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Palser Family

Hi Graham , please find attached the picture that I mentioned, My great grandmother ADA PALSER is at the front holding the rabbit .. We both share the same grt grt grandparents .. I live in Birmingham about 5 miles from where this picture was taken in Ladywood .. Ada was such a character and always laughing ! She passed away in 1988, I have one big regret that I didn't sit and listen to her stories, but that's being young for you ... which one is your great grandfather on the picture ... Ada left me the photo when she passed away, I can remember it being up in her house.
Ada had two children, George and Mary my grandmother, she married George Field.

Hope you like the photo
Hi , I am new to this forum and I believe Ada was my grandfathers sister. Arthur Alfred was his name. I remember my Dad telling me about a photo which had his Dad on with siblings, I wonder if this is it. My grandfathers parents were Richard and Emma. Lisa

You do appear to be talking about the same family. Arthur Alfred had a sister Ada Mabel (b 14 Nov 1896) and it does look like that it was she who married George Field and died in 1988.

You do appear to be talking about the same family. Arthur Alfred had a sister Ada Mabel (b 14 Nov 1896) and it does look like that it was she who married George Field and died in 1988.
Thankyou! It's a great photo to see. I had heard about it years ago.

Thankyou! It's a great photo to see. I had heard about it years ago.

Also it appears that Richard and Emma had 8 children alive by 1911 (2 sons and 6 daughters) 2 sons died young and Emma had a son before they married, so assuming that Emma's son isn't included (big assumption) then I'd guess that Arthur is the younger of the 2 sons (far left).

Lisa - Welcome to the forum. Attached a bit of old mapping of Speaking Stile Walk (with house numbers) which will be of interest. I was born at 1 back of 66 Irving St, my grandparents were at 1 back of 64, and lots of aunts, uncles and cousins on the other side of the road. - Bill

Attachments

• Irving St c 1950 West End.jpg
    Irving St c 1950 West End.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 2
Also it appears that Richard and Emma had 8 children alive by 1911 (2 sons and 6 daughters) 2 sons died young and Emma had a son before they married, so assuming that Emma's son isn't included (big assumption) then I'd guess that Arthur is the younger of the 2 sons (far left).
I've got a tree happening on Ancestry so will start posting any Info here for anyone looking and maybe related. Thanks so much. I found this forum from a distant relative on ancestry. I actually didn't know about Emma's son before they married. Interesting.

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
H
Lisa - Welcome to the forum. Attached a bit of old mapping of Speaking Stile Walk (with house numbers) which will be of interest. I was born at 1 back of 66 Irving St, my grandparents were at 1 back of 64, and lots of aunts, uncles and cousins on the other side of the road. - Bill
I Bill, thankyou for telling me about it! Already found a photo of my Grandad as a boy on a thread. Our families were definitely neighbours then. Lisa

Emily b.1847 first born of George Palser and Maria (Chinery) was married to Samuel Aaron Davenport.
He is my first cousin 3x removed. They had four Daughters.

Back