• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

O'Neill

peggygirl

proper brummie kid
:adoration: Hi I'm hoping that someone out there can point me in the right direction/thread?

I've looked on Ancestry (I'm a member) FreeBMD & any other site available to try & find the Birth & Death of Arthur O'Neill who died at the age of 6mths, as stated on the Census that cannot be mentioned (On other thread title)

He was born to John Joseph O'Neill & Rosina Ann Sunderland (could be Rosannah or Rose Ann). There is one Arthur O'Neill B1912 but his parents are Thomas Henry O'Neill & Rose Wheeler.

Any ideas anyone? my cousin wants to get the certificates for this little lad, but if I can't find him - no certificates.

Lots of help would be appreciated. :topsy_turvy:

There is a birth for an Arthur O'Neill listed on freeBMD Mar qtr 1891 Aston.

And a death registered Mar qtr 1891 Aston, aged 0 - spelt O'Niell.

If you apply for the birth certificate tell them all the details and if they don't match you'll get your money back. (at Bham reg)

I would imagine that the birth above is most likely the one
on the 1911 amongst the children is a son age 24 (1887)then Frederick Arthur age 14(1897) possibly called after the baby who died.

Thank you both for you quick replies, but on the 1911 census it has the baby Arthur down as 6mths when he passed away, so he was either born 1910 or the year after.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is an Arthur O'Neale born Birmingham registered Aston Jul-Sep 1910 (vol 6d page 294). This is a strong possibility.

Janice

Back