• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Oldfield Family in Birmingham

barrie

master brummie
I am researching the Oldfield family of Birmingham. They moved to Birmingham in the 1800's. James and Hannah Oldfield were living in Canal St , James taught bootmaking at The Free Industrial School. My Gt Grandfather was one of their sons, his name was James John Westcott Oldfield, he was born in Birmingham and worked in the gun trade. His wife was Sarah Browning, she also came from a Birmingham family.

Di.Poppitt said:
Can you give us some dates, or tell us what you have so far please Barrie. :)
[/quote

Thank you for replying.

James Oldfield married Hannah Westcott in Wells in Somerset 25 Aug 1845. They moved to Birmingham where my Gt Grandfather James John Westcott Oldfield was born on 20 May 1858. He married Sarah Browning in Birmingham on 2 July 1882. One of their hildren was my Grandfather James William Oldfield who was born in Birmingham on 25 Jul 1884. He was married to Emily Mather in Birmingham on 25 Dec 1910.

Hope that is ok.
Barrie.

Back