• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Nolan John

robert

master brummie
For some time now i have been trying to find a wedding cert between John Nolan and Annie Rowles with out sucsess. A few days ago some one pionted out that Annies maiden name may have been Williams { a long story}.Well i have now found a cert, the right area and time but it reads John Nolan ________Annie Pressdee, Drinkwater, or Williams. could any one tell me what this means. Thanks Robert

Re: What does it mean.

:angel: It often means the lady was married once or twice before, or/and her mother was also. . Some times the children from the first marriage took on the name of the second marriage,.
Hope this helps, although this is only one explanation. In your case there could be another reason, but what it could be I'm unsure about.

Re: What does it mean.

Chris right now in Birmingham {east side} we are in the middle of a violent thunder storm. I dont know whitch is giving me the biggest headache the storm or trying to unravel this part of my family history Robert.

Back