• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

newtons nuts and bolts

brian baker

master brummie
does anyone remember newtons factory my mother nellie cartwright used to work there in the late 1940 and early 1950 does anyone have any old photo's of the worker's or work's outings

thank you brian baker
this is an amazing site :)

my mom worked at newtons for 12 years till i was born in 1961, she worked days and nights i have a couple of pics of her and friends but they are from the 50s my mom was elsie rowe nee phipps, i dont know if anyone remembers her sadly passed away 5 years ago aged 83, angela

hi angela
i worked at newtons as a mechanic in 1978 at their garage in thimble mill lane prior to that stint i was an apprentice toolmaker in the factory 1963 and various members of the birch /buckerfield/whitehouse families worked at the factory over the years we lived in long acre 3bk162
phil.

Back