• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mead, James,CWS & Dawes

Pushbikes

My other half had a Dawes Clansman he thought he was the bees knees:rolleyes:

My brother had a Falcon Olympic. My Dad said if he raised half the cash he could have one for his birthday. He got a paper round and worked hard to get it. A few years later my sister in law said when she met my brother, he told her he had a Falcon Olympic she thought it was a sport car.:D

I had a Dawes the first month I started work, well I had to pay for it myself it was a Clansman and a lovely YELLOW:)

I got it at the Bike shop on the Corner of Warren Road & Hawthorne Road Perry Common.

dawes

I can remember my cousin having a Dawes Diploma brand new mine was one of those you made up got some good parts out of the cut

Re: dawes

Those of us that owned Dawes Clansmen (with the tartan mudguards !) used to wish we could afford a Dawes Double Blue ! Still a smashing bike the Clansman.

Back