• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Marriage Look Ups please

Shortie

master brummie
Thomas Jefcoate married Rhoda Jones on 16 December 1839. Could I have Thomas's father's name please and also witnesses.

Also Mary Jefcoate - I am not sure if this one is mine, as there are two - one being at Aston Juxta.

Mary Jefcoate married William Quibell on 9 November 1859. Is her father's name William by any chance? If so,witnesses would be valuable to me.

Grateful thanks. Shortie

16 dec 1839 st. martins
thomas jeffcott of full age. bachelor. servant. tamworth. john jeffcott labourer
rhoda jones of full age. spinster. servant. snow hill. john jones labourer
witnesses were walter handley jones and ann jones.

9 nov 1859 st. martins
william quibell of full age bachelor. toll collector. spring hill. joseph quibell. farmer
mary jeffcott of full age. widow. spring hill. thomas harper. labourer
witnesses were henry gittins and ann bevan

on both these marriages the name was jeffcott not jefcoate as you stated.

Thank you very much Shera, this helps a great deal with elimination. My own family was Jefcoate (as spelled by my grandmother and her family), but going back a generation, the name was spelt Jefcott. All the Jefcotts came from the same father as a Jefcoate - so I have to 'collect' them all and eliminate. A bit of a job, but it keeps the brain cells working. Thank you so much. Shortie

Back