• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Looking for the rich/price family

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks i have here some little treasures..trouble is they are not my treasures and i would dearly love to give them back to the family they belong to..they have been in my brothers safe keeping for some years now cant be sure if he got them from a car boot or found them in skip...

looking peter roy rich or any members of his family..peter was baptised at st pauls church bordesley green in 1926 and in later years lived at 31 clifton road sutton coldfield...it really would be great if i could give these back

here are the things i have..

his baptism card..

Attachments

• img010.jpg
    img010.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
road operators certificate dated 1956

Attachments

• img011.jpg
    img011.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 11
on the back of this photo it says P R RICH and gives the address as 31 clifton road sutton coldfield

Attachments

• img014.jpg
    img014.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 20
and last is this old postcard on the back it says alfred john rich aged 2 years 2 months...no date..

Attachments

• img013.jpg
    img013.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 15
Alfred J Rich birth registered Bham 1919 (mmn Price)

Peter Roy Rich born 28 Apr 1926 birth registered Bham S (mmn Price) death reg Bham 1976.

Neville R Rich birth registered Bham S 1928 (mmn Price)

Alfred H Rich marriage to Lilian G Price registered Aston 1917

Alfred Henry Rich born 13 Jan 1896 Dawlish death reg Bham 1974

Lilian Gertrude Price born 17 Mar 1897 Southwark (?) death reg Bham 1977

There's only one marriage registered in Bham for a Peter R Rich and that's in 1971 to an Anne B Duffy.

Only the one birth for a Neville R Rich in England between 1911 and 1955 and only one marriage reg in Blackpool 1949 to a Doris K Lunn.

There are 4 Rich/Lunn children registered all in Blackpool - Donald R 1949, Barry D 1951, Sandra L 1953 & Lisa Louise 1967.

Neville R seemed to be still living in 2012 in Blacpool.

And there's a an Alfred J Rich listed as living in Sutton Coldfield in 2002 - 2004.

Can't see any death for an appropriate Alfred J Rich and there are some marriages but not in Bham/Sutton Coldfield.

fantastic MWS and so fast as well..i think you have just confirmed that the other photos i have here are of lillian gertrude price b 1897 southwark which is in london and she marr alfred rich 1917 aston...will just sort them out and post them...

many thanks

lyn

There are marriages for Barry, Sandra and Lisa in Blackpool and Barry and Lisa seem to have had children.

so looking like peter rich was lillians son and he passed away a year before his mom...

MWS see what you think...this is a pic of who i beleive to be lillian gertrude price b 1897 southwark london..the photographer was fred viner walworth road ive googed that it was in southwark..if this is lillian you will see from the following photos that she has a very distintive face especially the eyes...

Attachments

• img027.jpg
    img027.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 16
this is a touching letter to lily from her dad who was living at rochester house southwark (wonder what sort of place that was) looks like the date could be 1907 or 9 ???

Attachments

• img015.jpg
    img015.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
postard lily sent with a photo of herself on it dated 17.12.16 so mid ww1 postcard comes from washwood heath road..

Attachments

• img016.jpg
    img016.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 15
  • img017.jpg
    img017.jpg
    596.5 KB · Views: 23
another post card sent by lily dated june 7th 1917

Attachments

• img018.jpg
    img018.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 12
  • img019.jpg
    img019.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 15
post card sent by lily june 27th 1917 to her mom and dad

Attachments

• img020.jpg
    img020.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 6
  • img021.jpg
    img021.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 12
think this could be lily with hubby alfred...just wondering what the colours on his jacket signifies.

Attachments

• img023.jpg
    img023.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 22
lily in garden with i would think one of her children...

Attachments

• img024.jpg
    img024.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 8
just had an idea to look on ancestry to see if anyone has a family tree thats connected to this family..so many times people throw away old family photos never thinking that in years to come there could be folk desperate to see anything of their rellies...in this case its not just one photo but several so for now i shall keep them safe in the hopes that they can find their rightful home...

Last edited:
There's a definite resemblance between the girl and the other photos to my eye.

Some really lovely photos and I would be very pleased if someone had photos like that of my family.

i agree MWS a collection of smashing family photos etc just hope that one day someone turns up to claim them..only had a quick look on ancestry for family trees but no luck so far...thanks again for the research you did it really helped...

lyn

Last edited:
this is a touching letter to lily from her dad who was living at rochester house southwark (wonder what sort of place that was) looks like the date could be 1907 or 9 ???
There is a Rochester House Southwark which is a listed building at 45 Dolben Street, Camberwell. I can't at the moment find it in an old directory to see what it was used for in 1907.

Janice

thanks janice i bet that is the one....will try and find out what it was used for around 1907

lyn

janice not sure if ive got this right but ive just been on street view and it looks like the building is now called thompson house..there is a blue plaque up but i cant zoom in to make out what it says...

lyn

Last edited:
the blue plaque is for mary wollestonecraft early womens activist...still need to try and find out what the building was used for though..

Back