• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Little Sutton Churchyard

Sorry to drift off topic but I didn't reaslise you were involved in such a brilliant project well done Dave..

AstonLodge.jpgstreetly.jpg
Here are 2 old postcards come down to me from Grandad - Streetly Station and Little Aston Lodge. Would you believe it .... Little ASTON lodge !*$! The house on the left of the card has a board in front which says ???? SOLD ???? LEASE, and maybe that's gt grandad walking down the lane away from the lodge !
Such lovely photo's of St James and for the now Streetly lodge. Thanks to you all, they will illustrate my family narrative.

Lovely postcards I am sure Little Aston Lodge is still there at the entrance to the Roman Park Estate. The road is still the same and has a larger island in the middle. I know the area well as this is where I grew up and played.

Yes all my sites completed, as far as possible Dave

Me too Dave.

I'm one of the many volunteers that walked away after learning that people were being charged to see photos.
They got over a thousand pictures out of me.

If I get chance I still go around churchyards with my camera. It's fascinating.

Hi Glennys,
Lovely postcards of Streetly, I went past Roman Way this morning and the lodge is still there, it hasn.t changed at all. It is a beautiful area. Alas Streetly Station disappeared some years ago when so many of the railways disappeared. The line is still there and still does carry goods trains. There has been talk about re-opening the station but not in my time I am sure.The line runs through Sutton Park. I belong to Streetly History Society so wil put out some feelers at our next meeting to see if I can find out any further information for you. You just never know. Someone I know there has done a lot of research on the old census' in Streetly, I will have a word with her.

Katie

Back