• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution
M
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• M
      maypolebaz replied to the thread Westfield Avenue Maypole.
      I went to Highters Heath school. I never understood why I wasn't sent to Grendon Rd. That gulley was a handy short cut, a mate of mine...
    • M
      The names aren't familiar. I was in that area in 1954-55.
    • M
      maypolebaz replied to the thread MAYPOLE WORKS.
      I remember this factory well, I lived nearby when I was a kid. In my day the building had a large clock fixed in a bracket on the wall.
    • M
      No, there was a girl who lived in Westfield Ave, a couple of houses down, on the right. Sadly, I forget her name. My mate, Colin Booth...
    • M
      Thanks, I was told that the guns in the park were Light AA. Perhaps they were defending the balloon site in Maypole Lane.
    • M
      My thanks to both Dinger and mikejee for the above. It's of great interest to me as my Dad was part of that Battery when it was manned...
    • M
      Thanks for the interesting information. I used to frequent the area mid- 50s, a couple of my friends lived in Westfield ave. in those days.
    • M
      Now that's an interesting photo ! In my memory there were a couple of bungalows built in the field, next to the factory. I couldn't...
    • M
      Hiya, I grew up in Sladepool Farm Rd in the 40s & 50s. The only factory near Westfield Ave, that I can remember, was a moderate sized...
    • M
      maypolebaz replied to the thread Royal Warwickshire Regiment.
      Hiya, This was the entry in the War Diary of 10 Bn RWR for Sat 21 Sep 18. 'SUPPORT. Quiet. Vicinity of Bn HQ shelled. One or two...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back