• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Little Hill Street fire 1863

Through the information shared above, I have discovered my husband's family are descended from Alfred, a son who was born five years after this tragedy. Thank you for sharing this, and enabling me to add another layer, albeit a tragic one, to my research. I am now on the hunt for the grandfather who took in the surviving boys on the night.
My great grandfather was one of the boys who survived
I'm john Gameson

My great grandfather was one of the boys who survived
I'm john Gameson
Hi John

Sorry for the delay replying, I have just seen your posts.

I am convinced we are related but am still to find the common link between my John Gameson branch and your George Gameson one. It remains the biggest mystery on my tree that I would love solved…

Have you had any luck?

Sue

I am convinced we are related but am still to find the common link between my John Gameson branch and your George Gameson one. It remains the biggest mystery on my tree that I would love solved…

The father of George was also a John Gameson but they are certainly different people. You're John Gameson appears to have been born in London/Surrey whilst the father of George was born locally.

Variation in name spellings makes it tricky before then, they both appear to have married in Edgbaston though.

Back