• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Law & Order Roy Holder

sylviasayers

master brummie
Did anyone see Law & Order UK on Monday night? Towards the end there was a scene at a tower block with a caretaker who I am sure was our very own Roy Holder who lived in Park Lane, Aston, and was chosen to be in a TV film The Train Set when the producers visited Upper Thomas Street School some time in the 1960s. Can anyone confirm if I am right. Roy was also one of the children in "Whistle down the Wind".

Patty his sister ran the bar at the bowling alley if I remember correctly. Pete watched Law and Order but didn't spot him. Jean.

I'll ask my mom if she watched it and noticed him, as he was in her Sunday school class at Park Lane Gospel Hall.

I remember him in the 70's kids programme Ace of Wands

Here is a photograph of Roy Holder and my brother Leslie at Burlington street school I have put inserts of them roy on the right Leslie on the left

Jean which sister was she....Roys sister June was in my class all through Burlinghton st sch l know there were quite a few children in the family l know of another sister and brother, theres no denighing Roy is a Holder as they all had that familier look......Brenda

Here is a photograph of Roy Holder and my brother Leslie at Burlington street school I have put inserts of them roy on the right Leslie on the left
that's great John
thanks - I've copied it [hope that's ok] to print on paper and show mom [as she's not on the internet]

Thanks John for the time line, it would be Peter Storer not Phillip, I have just had another look and it is definitely Peter, they lived next door but one to my mom & dad. Ken Holder, Roy's brother often comes to the Burlington/Upper Thomas Street Reunions. For anyone interested 7th July 2010 at 7 p.m. onwards at the Barn Social Club, opposite Witton Cemetery.

I think my cousin Robert Crosbee (Bobby) might be on that photo John... The boy sitting in the front with arms folded and a jacket on third from the left... he was born about March 1946

Is Roy Holder any relation to 'Noddy' Holder? There's a certain similarity around the eyes, don't you think?

I have been looking for the train set movie for years but cant find it.

Last edited:
Back