• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Kitson Pease Gearbox

rewdco

knowlegable brummie
Hi,
During my Royal Enfield WD/CO research, I have now found a 1943 War Department document which states that contract S/3357 should be delivered "with Kitson Pease gearbox". Has anybody ever heard of these gearboxes? To my knowledge, no Royal Enfield has ever been made with this make (???) of gearboxes, only Albion (and Burman for one single contract) gearboxes have been used for these military motorcycles. Is it slang? If so, what does it mean?
REgards,
Jan

rewdco, your best bet is to write or email The Motorbike Museum in Brum as they have rebuilt a couple of WW2 bikes since the fire they had which destroyed a lot of their stock.... someone will put their address up in a bit you can bet

Back